ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Typing error on the home office exceptional assurance page?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jw9315
Newly Registered
Norway

Typing error on the home office exceptional assurance page?

Post by Jw9315 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:13 pm

Hi,
I think I spotted an error on this page, could someone confirm?

“If you have overstayed your leave
If your visa or leave expired between 24 January 2020 and 31 August 2020 there will be no future adverse immigration consequences if you didn’t make an application to regularise your stay during this period. However, if you have not applied to regularise your stay or submitted a request for an exceptional assurance you must make arrangements to leave the UK.“

These statements seems to contradict the each other ; first it says that there are no adverse consequences to immigration status if you didn’t apply to regularise your stay, then it says that you should leave.

Or is it saying “if you overstay, then that’s ok so long as you have submitted an exceptional assurance request. But if you haven’t applied, then you need to leave right away. But either way your future immigration status won’t be prejudiced”

iwolga
United Kingdom

Re: Typing error on the home office exceptional assurance page?

Post by iwolga » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:28 pm

I believe the key is “during this period”. So if your visa expired and you did not apply for exceptional assurance during Jan - Aug 2020, they’ll be no adverse consequences.

Since the period is over and if you did not apply/regularise, you must be leaving. Seems pretty logical to me