ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after online application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drpiruthivi
Newly Registered
India

Travel after online application

Post by drpiruthivi » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:05 am

We (Tier2G + 2 dep) will be eligible to apply for ILR from end of July (BRP valid until early Oct). However, we plan to go for a cruise around UK in mid-August. Can I submit the online application before the cruise and then do biometric after?
1. Will the cruise around UK be considered "travelling outside CTA"?
2. In general, is one allowed to travel outside CTA before biometric (after online submission of application)?

Will be very grateful for advice.
Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Travel after online application

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:14 am

drpiruthivi wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:05 am
We (Tier2G + 2 dep) will be eligible to apply for ILR from end of July (BRP valid until early Oct). However, we plan to go for a cruise around UK in mid-August. Can I submit the online application before the cruise and then do biometric after?
1. Will the cruise around UK be considered "travelling outside CTA"?
2. In general, is one allowed to travel outside CTA before biometric (after online submission of application)?

Will be very grateful for advice.
Thank you
Depends on that cruise around the UK. Will you be leaving the CTA?
You can travel within the CTA without any issues. If you leave the CTA, then your application will be automatically withdrawn. This is based on paragraph 34K of the immigration rules:
34K. Where proof of identity provided under paragraph 34(5), or any other application for leave to remain, has been returned to the applicant pending a decision on their application for permission to stay and the applicant travels outside the common travel area their application shall, provided that it has not been determined, be treated as withdrawn on the date that the applicant left the common travel area.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

drpiruthivi
Newly Registered
India

Post by drpiruthivi » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:22 pm

Thank you Zimba. The cruise is supposed to be within UK waters. But one can never be sure- these days with travel (we may end up in a "remote island" quarantining :D 1)

Application will be considered withdrawn even if we have not submitted biometrics- Right?

In that case, we will wait until we return from cruise to apply...

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:05 pm

Yes. Avoid leaving the UK
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

drpiruthivi
Newly Registered
India

Listing absences in SET (O)

Post by drpiruthivi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:30 am

I am filling in the application and have a query.
When listing the absences, should I include destination country separately and transit (airside) seperately? It seems two countries can't be included in a single listing. If so, the exit date from UK and entry back into UK will be same for both for destination country and transit country entries. Is it OK? Or am I over-complicating it?

examples:

Entry 1: Country: India; exit from UK: 5th Aug 2016; reentry into UK: 20th Aug 2016; reason: holidays
Entry 2: Country: Qatar; exit from UK: 5th Aug 2016; reentry into UK: 20th Aug 2016; reason: transit

Is it ok to list like this?

Thank you in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:36 am

The details of your travel do NOT matter. Enter this whole thing as exit and re-entry to the UK

drpiruthivi
Newly Registered
India

Post by drpiruthivi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:57 pm

Thank you very much..

nbhitesh
Newly Registered

Post by nbhitesh » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:31 pm

Apologies to mods in advance for poking my nose here, but reading the law posted by Zimba above, the interprretation is slightly different from my layman perspective.

The 34K requires two conditions to be met: 1) documents to be returned to the applicant pending decision, AND 2) applicant travelling abroad.

However, in these cases, documents are submitted online and are not returned to applicants pending decision. Hence, BOTH theh conditions cannot be satisfied. Perhpaps, this was relevant earlier when hard copies of Passports were sent to HO which needed to be physically checked?

Again sorry if I sound like a smart alec here as I do not have much experience in these issues. But I am just curious and stand ready to be corrected. Btw, i have also just submitted my ILR; hence this issue is of interest to me.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:11 pm

Nope. When you do not submit any physical evidence, it is as if all the documents are returned to you. Even when you go to the appointment, all the documents are returned to you after any scan is done. So the interpretation is no different.

drpiruthivi
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR bank statement

Post by drpiruthivi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:33 am

Hi,
Couple of queries.

1. As I get paper statement, I am scanning it to upload (last month for the main T2G applicant and unto 2 years for dependent-as evidence for cohabitation). The first page shows address and state ent date. Is it enough to scan/upload only first page or all the pages (showing all transactions) need to be scanned/uploaded?

2. Any document required for 8 year old dependent kid (apart from birth certificate and parents' marriage certificate)

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:20 pm

1. Scan all parts of a documentary evidence
2. No

drpiruthivi
Newly Registered
India

Post by drpiruthivi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:00 pm

Thank you Zimba.

drpiruthivi
Newly Registered
India

Cohabitation documents for wife

Post by drpiruthivi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:22 pm

Oh dear. Another issue..
Apparently I changed the settings from paperless to paper bank statements in Nov 2019. So, I don't have paper statement for Aug-Nov 2019 (my wife's (dependent) 2 years cohabitation documents should start from Aug 2019 and this is the only "joint" name document while others are individually named). Online statements are there but without barcode/issue date. Will that be enough? Should I get them stamped by the branch?

My list of cohabitation documents (submitting application on 21st Aug 2021): (I have multiple documents on my name only and hence add for any month; issue is only for wife)

Aug-19: Sky (wife name only)
Sep-19: Water (joint)
Oct-19: energy (wife name only)
Dec-19: Natwest joint statement; Sky (wife name only)
Feb-20: Natwest joint statement, energy (wife name only)
Mar-20: NHS (wife name only)
Apr-20: Natwest joint statement
Jun-20: Energy (joint)
Aug-20: HSBC joint statement
Oct-20: water (joint)
Dec-20: Natwest joint statement
Feb-21: council tax (joint)
Apr-21: Natwest joint statement
Jun-21: HSBC joint statement
Aug-21: HSBC joint statement and water

I feel Aug-19 to Dec-19 period is bit thin on the documents. Can you please give your opinion?

Thank you so much...

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:00 pm

There is no need for joint names evidence. All electronic evidence can be used. ANY evidence can be used for cohabitation there is no specific requirement

drpiruthivi
Newly Registered
India

Cohabitation documents for wife

Post by drpiruthivi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:05 pm

Thank you Zimba; I take that the listed documents along with online bank statements are enough..

drpiruthivi
Newly Registered
India

Re: SET(O) dep documents

Post by drpiruthivi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:34 am

Hi All,
I am uploading the documents; I understand I have to (as main applicant) upload all the pages of my passport to show travel. Do I need to do the same for my dependent (wife and child)? FIY, their ILR application is based on the 5 years Tier-2 dep Visa issued in 2016. Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: SET(O) dep documents

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:38 am

drpiruthivi wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:34 am
Hi All,
I am uploading the documents; I understand I have to (as main applicant) upload all the pages of my passport to show travel. Do I need to do the same for my dependent (wife and child)? FIY, their ILR application is based on the 5 years Tier-2 dep Visa issued in 2016. Thank you
For all persons applying upload all pages of passport that depicts their travel history.

drpiruthivi
Newly Registered
India

Post by drpiruthivi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:52 am

Thank you. But I believe there is no "absence" limit for dependents if the application is based on pre-2018 Visa. So, I thought there is not need for uploading all pages?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:36 pm

drpiruthivi wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:52 am
Thank you. But I believe there is no "absence" limit for dependents if the application is based on pre-2018 Visa. So, I thought there is not need for uploading all pages?
Correct

drpiruthivi
Newly Registered
India

Post by drpiruthivi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:02 am

Great. Thank you Zimba

drpiruthivi
Newly Registered
India

Re: Set(O) Tier2 --> ILR standard waiting time

Post by drpiruthivi » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:29 pm

Have done the biometric 2 weeks back. Any idea about waiting time for Set(O) Tier2 --> ILR standard application? The timeline thread shows some got in a week!😳 Getting apprehensive. Thank you