ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Passport Drop Off

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaman246
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Passport Drop Off

Post by zaman246 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:11 pm

Hi,

I applied for a spouse visa for my wife in Pakistan and today I received an email advising that a decision has been made and they are asking for her passport to be dropped off to the Islamabad visa centre as due to covid we had to use the passport pass back service.

My question is can another family member drop her passport off to the visa centre if she is unable to attend herself?

I appreciate it if anyone can help with this.
Thank you.

Kashi785
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Passport Drop Off

Post by Kashi785 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:10 am

May I ask when you received the email bro and what did It say and your in the uk right

If they say drop.your passport off all I know is that your visa is granted or they would not ask for it

NaeemAbbas
Pakistan

Post by NaeemAbbas » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:55 am

zaman246 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:11 pm
Hi,

I applied for a spouse visa for my wife in Pakistan and today I received an email advising that a decision has been made and they are asking for her passport to be dropped off to the Islamabad visa centre as due to covid we had to use the passport pass back service.

My question is can another family member drop her passport off to the visa centre if she is unable to attend herself?

Yes anyone can drop the passport at VFS.

Thank you.

zaman246
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zaman246 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:41 pm

Kashi785 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:10 am
May I ask when you received the email bro and what did It say and your in the uk right
Yes I am in the UK and I received the email yesterday from Gerrys, this is what it said in the email:
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to inform you that a decision is now ready to be made on your UK visa application. As you applied under the Passport Pass back service, we request that you resubmit your passport to this VAC (UK VISA APPLICATION CENTER/ Gerry’s building, Adjacent to Punjab Cash and Carry, Park Road Chattha Bakhtawar, Chak Shahzad Islamabad) as soon as possible (FROM MONDAY TO FRIDAY BETWEEN 8 AM TO 3 PM). You may resubmit your passport in person at the VAC. You are required to send/handover your passport within 4 weeks of this email/phone call and failure to do so may result in refusal of your visa application.
NOTE: Please carry this Email print and Payment Slip on the day of passport submission.
Yours faithfully

UK VAC ISLAMABAD
Kashi785 wrote:
If they say drop.your passport off all I know is that your visa is granted or they would not ask for it
Ah that’s good to know, so I shouldn’t be expecting any nasty surprises!

zaman246
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zaman246 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:43 pm

NaeemAbbas wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:55 am
zaman246 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:11 pm
Hi,

Yes anyone can drop the passport at VFS.

Thank you.
Thank you for confirming that, is that what they officially have said somewhere? Just trying to make sure so that the family member doesn’t waste a trip to Islamabad.

Kashi785
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kashi785 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:52 pm

zaman246 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:41 pm
Kashi785 wrote:
Yes I am in the UK and I received the email yesterday from Gerrys, this is what it said in the email:
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to inform you that a decision is now ready to be made on your UK visa application. As you applied under the Passport Pass back service, we request that you resubmit your passport to this VAC (UK VISA APPLICATION CENTER/ Gerry’s building, Adjacent to Punjab Cash and Carry, Park Road Chattha Bakhtawar, Chak Shahzad Islamabad) as soon as possible (FROM MONDAY TO FRIDAY BETWEEN 8 AM TO 3 PM). You may resubmit your passport in person at the VAC. You are required to send/handover your passport within 4 weeks of this email/phone call and failure to do so may result in refusal of your visa application.
NOTE: Please carry this Email print and Payment Slip on the day of passport submission.
Yours faithfully

UK VAC ISLAMABAD
Kashi785 wrote:

You got a result quick and I applied my wife's in similar days hope I get a fast response also

zaman246
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zaman246 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:26 am

Kashi785 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:52 pm
zaman246 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:41 pm
Kashi785 wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,
Yours faithfully

UK VAC ISLAMABAD
Kashi785 wrote:

You got a result quick and I applied my wife's in similar days hope I get a fast response also
Yeah the decision was made quicker than I thought, hopefully the visa is granted. Hope it works out for you too InshaAllah, have you tried calling or emailing UKVI to find out current status of the application?