ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:59 pm

Mrsi ..Thats a Serious Problem I honestly Think u shud Not sit Around And wait You should complain..either email..calls.. to bhc n Vacs And Try to get Answers Before It gets Late I am Sure Very Worried But dont Worry INSHALLAH you will get the visa and A call quick All i can do is Pray for u :) remain Postive ..N Tell your hubby to Go again After few days And Complain at One of the vac mayb they Take actions .

faaniali

@mrsi

Post by faaniali » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:01 pm

@Mrsi,, if the BHC have notified u that the decision have been taken and the passport is returned back to Gerry's then you must go personally to Gerry's office and talk to some manager there so that they can personally locate ur file,, it must be laying somewhere on the desk bcoz i am 110% sure its all just because of their lazyness.. Imagine if the passport is stamped with the visa (Which I hope wud be :wink: Inshah Allah) then ur time to fly is running out... :roll:

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:21 pm

I am Also Agreein with Faaniali As bhc emailed you earlier on And the sites status has Changed to Collect You Have a reason To complain to Gerries One Of The manager or someone and get the documents back As You dont have much Time to fly for the visa INSHALLAH which would be stamped ..But TAKE Actions now before its late anyways

Faaniali bro any news on ur Wifes case ??

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:57 pm

cutesweetgal, like i said one of my friend got his passport by going personally to gerry's office and the status on the web still says ' forwarded to bhc :lol: ', the guy is in london now.

So i sended my wife 2day to vac and the normal collection time
use to be 2pm to 5pm and she wz there at 1:30 but they said which country is it for?,, she said UK,, they said come 2moro, for uk its only 9pm to 1pm :cry: (Dunno if they hav changed the timming) and they didn't checked and said the office is closed now.. so anywayz she'll be going tommorow again at 9am. lets see, fingers crossed.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:23 pm

hey i got email from them this is what they had to say

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding your application. I can confirm that we have received your application and that it is being examined. Unfortunately we are not in a position to make a decision at the moment. We will be in contact

accordingly and regret to say that precise time frame can't be given at this stage .
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards,

what the hell??????????????? :evil: how long it gna take

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:30 pm

One thing i cannot understand that if they are not able to clear the back-log's then why did they started getting more loads of applications,, naz08 just wait patiently and keep praying,, inshah Allah soon u'll hear from them.

what was the email address you used to contact bhc, coz at least they confirmed that they have recieved your application..

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:33 pm

I used this one, it was submittd on th 11th sept......they replyed using this email as well...'.its just people who submittd before the 11 or before are gettn call backs.......... :cry:

Visqry2.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:37 pm

Faaniali dont Worry InshAllah Your Wife will Get Some good Respond Tommrow ...And Ofcourse A visa Stamped on The passport INSHALLAH :) i am prayin ..and Your Right Gerrys Are LAZYY !! My husband Was contacted After 20 days And Guess what They Stamped It ON 18th sep and we Had To wait for So Long soo I Think You should Just Step up Yourself N Do sumthin Coz There arent Bothered ...My Next door Niegbour Just Told me Today She applied on the 18 july for sppouse visa and well guess what she Been waiting For so Long NO contact And they Canceled the Visa Becoz Her Hubby Went last Week To islamabaad Where My HUbby Was contacted With Him ...so NoW she dont Know what she will do They didnt Even contact her ..so You Have to do Whatever You want TO your self

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:39 pm

Naz Dnt worry ..This Is what Happened To Me They Emailed me Few days before 18th sept I tHINK iT WAS on 15th Saying That they are Deciding on My case And 3 days later they took Decsion You will get A Call soon :) InshAllah dont worry just keep postive Atleast They have replied back ...

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:39 pm

@Cutesweetgal,, i so agree wid you,,,
@naz08,, thanks for the mail,, i just wanted to double confirm that the one i used is the same or not,, and yeah both are same :lol:

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:42 pm

faaniali - no worries they emaild my back 3 days later.....thing is i sent them another email ysterday as i didnt hear from them lol....dey prob get angry at me lol

cutesweetgal - i feel like cryn buh i gota be patient now buh its gettn very hard now...patience is running out...im happi they atleast get the flippn application and now maybe they will pay more attention to it....

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:45 pm

Naz i understand What ur Sayin..Its proper Tough..N Hard but Meanwhile You can Just pray Thats All..They have given Decions to August Submiited People And started Sept so Ur next :) Just stay postive .

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:48 pm

Yep positive..its hard cuz were i work im on the Computer all day and they have the net so i wen its quiet im on it checkin lol i reali shud stop doing that........

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:54 pm

@naz,, same here, i am on pc all day programming web application,, so i check all the forums and status ukvacpk,, every hours :P :lol:

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:56 pm

faaniali wrote:@naz,, same here, i am on pc all day programming web application,, so i check all the forums and status ukvacpk,, every hours :P :lol:
REALLI? lol its very hard not to check it tho...i mean cuz i have nothing else on my mind....i was actually prayn they might change the status today but nope......i go home at 4:30 then i leave it till the followin day when im bk at work lol...nearly half way thru another week

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:01 pm

I stop checking after 2pm because its 7pm in pak at that time. So there's no chance for status to be changed after 1pm or 2pm (uk time) because working time finish at max 6pm there. Lets hope good for tommorow. :?

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:11 pm

faaniali wrote:I stop checking after 2pm because its 7pm in pak at that time. So there's no chance for status to be changed after 1pm or 2pm (uk time) because working time finish at max 6pm there. Lets hope good for tommorow. :?
inshahallah new day tomrrow i prayn for sumthing atleast next week.......

str34

Post by str34 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:03 pm

naz08: hi, can you tell me how you structured email to them. thanks

str34

Post by str34 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:07 pm

faaniali: hi, when did you apply for the visa and which 1 did you apply for?

thanks!!!

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:31 pm

str34 wrote:naz08: hi, can you tell me how you structured email to them. thanks
i wrote

To The British High Commission Islamabad,

I am writing to request information about the Following Visa Application,

Applicants Name:
Reference no:
Date Of Birth:
Date applied:
Passport No:

i wrote the my hubbi name at the bottom other wise they wll send it back sayn we onli give info to the applicants onli............

hope this helps

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:22 pm

@str34 -- My wife applied for Spouse (Non-Settlement) Visa on 17th of september.

:? plzz p ray for me everybody

str34

Post by str34 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:37 pm

insha allah all will get great news

str34

Post by str34 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:46 pm

faaniali: I applied on the 18th so should get response roughly around the same time, also have heard others are getting visa's accepted heard of 2 that happened today so insha allah will get gud news very soon!!!

imi

Post by imi » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is fine.

str34: My mrs applied on 18th Sept in Islamabad for settlement. So hopefully we should hear the good news soon inshallah.

Thanx guys for the support n info u put on this site. But one thing i can't accept is that some people were saying that they just popped in to Gerry's n lied that they had a phone call while their status online didnt even say their passports were ready n they were given their passports?

Nah, i don't think they r that stupid. But 1 thing i could say is that it could be a coincidence n after all it is Asia, so sometimes silly things like that can happen. lol

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:11 pm

I have just heard from my wife within the last hour she has had a call from the Fedex office in Lahore to come collect her passport tomorrow and her visa has been granted!!! Allahu Akbar!

We applied on the 8th September 2009 and Visa granted today 14th October 2008. So, that's 37 calendar days including the weekends and with the holidays and closures etc. and 27 working days! quite fast.

I have been checking the https://www.vfsglobal.org/ApplicantStatus.aspx website for the last few weeks since we applied and it states:-

Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same 14 Oct 2008

I done sincere dua yesterday and so did my wife and I joked to her she will get her visa tomorrow inshallah as she was frustrated at the time it was taking and thought she would never end up in the UK with all the issues/bombings going on at the moment. Allah is all wise.

I found it a bit strange that fedex called so late at night? round about 9-10pm Pak time? unless they have another office where they have night workers??

Anyway, I am over the moon and looking forward to my wife coming.

This forum has been excellent and all the members comments really made a difference and has actually made me very interested in other types of visas and immigration rules.

Keep doing your duas brothers and sisters they do work be patient it will come at a time when you least expect it. I thought it would be lucky to get it this year! with the ways things are going, but alhamdolliah its came quicker than I thought.

Allah Haffiz.