ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earliest date to apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lazyyy
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR application

Post by lazyyy » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:10 pm

Hi Everyone,
I will complete 5 years via the Tier 2 PBS 5-year route on 28/09/21 and become eligible for ILR.

I wish to apply 28 days before the expiry of my Tier 2 visa through the same day service. However, I have just found out that getting appointments for biometrics is difficult and I may end up waiting a few weeks before I can find an appointment. My question therefore is as follows:

1. What is considered as the application submission date? Is it the date that I provide my biometric details?

2. I found out that UKVCAS shows appointments 28 days in advance. So can I not complete and submit my application form and all supporting documents before the 28-day window and then book my biometric appointment on a date which falls within the 28 day window? For example, I can complete and submit my application form and all documents around mid-august and then book my biometric appointment somewhere in the first week of September? Is this permissible?

Thanks a lot!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:13 pm

Date of application is the date your submit and pay online. It is not the biometric appointment date.

There is limited super priority (24 hour service) availability.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lazyyy
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application

Post by lazyyy » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:00 pm

Hi CR001,
Thank you very much for your reply.
So I guess that my point number 2 is not possible then?
Can you please suggest what should I do then? The reason I want my ILR application to be processed as early as possible is because then I would need to extend my dependents Tier 2 visa and within that application I would prefer to mention that the main applicant has been granted ILR.

lazyyy
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Earliest date to apply for ILR

Post by lazyyy » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:40 pm

Hi everyone,
I can guess that these questions must have been asked many times before, but I would really appreciate if I could get some advice on the following two queries:

Query 1:
I am currently on Tier 2 (General) and will be completing 5 years on this visa soon. I know I am eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before completion of 5 years. My question is, which of the following dates should I consider for counting my completion of 5 years:
1. Date on vignette on my passport (valid from): 19/09/2016
2. Date on my BRP (valid from): 26/09/2016
3. Date of first entry into the UK : 02/10/2016
4. Date of expiry on my BRP (valid until) : 28/09/2021

Query 2:
1. I saw on this forum that there was a 28 day lag in getting appointments for biometrics earlier this year. What is the current situation? Has the situation improved?

Thanks a lot for the amazing work this team is doing.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Earliest date to apply for ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:54 pm

lazyyy wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:40 pm
Hi everyone,
I can guess that these questions must have been asked many times before, but I would really appreciate if I could get some advice on the following two queries:

Query 1:
I am currently on Tier 2 (General) and will be completing 5 years on this visa soon. I know I am eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before completion of 5 years. My question is, which of the following dates should I consider for counting my completion of 5 years:
1. Date on vignette on my passport (valid from): 19/09/2016
2. Date on my BRP (valid from): 26/09/2016
3. Date of first entry into the UK : 02/10/2016
4. Date of expiry on my BRP (valid until) : 28/09/2021

Query 2:
1. I saw on this forum that there was a 28 day lag in getting appointments for biometrics earlier this year. What is the current situation? Has the situation improved?

Thanks a lot for the amazing work this team is doing.
Topics merged into one!!!

Query 1. The date the initial visa wqs granted is the start of the qualifying period. You can apply for ilr no sooner than within 28 days before 19/09/2021.

Query 2. It depends on where you are and what service you are prepared to pay for with ukcvas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lazyyy
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Earliest date to apply for ILR

Post by lazyyy » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:03 pm

Hi CR001,
My apologies that I merged two topics into one. I will keep in mind henceforth.
In regards to your comment
It depends on where you are and what service you are prepared to pay for with ukcvas.
I could do any of the core services either in London or Birmingham.

Thanks again for your patience.