ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Approval Letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guest_11
Newly Registered

HSMP Approval Letter

Post by guest_11 » Tue May 10, 2005 11:20 am

Hi Friends,

My wife's & child's EC was refused and my original HSMP approval letter retained by the High Commission. They said that since it was rejected, they do not give the letter back and would send it back to the Home Office after a certain period.

Would I be needing the letter for anything like job search or immigration etc when I am in the UK? Please advise

Dizzeem
Newly Registered

Post by Dizzeem » Tue May 10, 2005 1:57 pm

It depends...

What other proof do you have for prospective employers that you have permission to work in the UK? Do you already have your NI number?

If you have proof that you are able to be employed in the UK, already gained entry clearance and have the NI number then I wouldn’t worry so much about the letter.

If you don't then i would make a call to HO to get another letter.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Tue May 10, 2005 2:08 pm

guest,

u can speak to the EC people there and explaint hem that the HSMP approval was not for your wife and kids only, u were the principal beneficiary/ awardee of that letter. IT was u who got aproved under HSMP and they have already granted u EC, so based on thsi argumenet u can get the HSMP Aproval letter back or at elast try to get the photocopy of it.

All the best..

guest_11
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by guest_11 » Tue May 10, 2005 5:28 pm

Hi Guys,

The proof I have is that my visa is stamped with a work permit for 1 year. I just wanted to know whether the original letter would be required any time once I am in UK for jobs, or any other issues like extending the work permit after 1 year.

I will take your advice and speak to the BHC again tomorrow. When I spoke to them today, I had told them that I am the principal applicant and I have received my visa. Will try my luck tomorrow once more.

makon

Post by makon » Wed May 11, 2005 7:36 am

don't u have any photocopy? if u don't, always make photocopies of important documents before u send them anywhere. anyway the visa on ur passport should suffice but did they give any reason for refusing your wife and child?