ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous passport outside qualifying period?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zl13407
Newly Registered
Macau

SET(O) - query about names

Post by zl13407 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:31 pm

Hi all,

I'm filling in my SET(O) ILR form and have a couple of questions regarding names. My legal first name ls Lidan but I am known as Lida at work, my surname is consistent across all legal documents and work.

So my questions are:
(1). Do I need to declare this name under the question "Have you been known by another name?"
(2). My Payslip is addressed to Lida xxx and my bank statement shows L. xxx, while my name on passport is Lidan xxx. Is this likely to cause issues? If so what kind of supporting document should I supplement?

Appreciate your help!

srsw

Re: SET(O) - query about names

Post by srsw » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:47 pm

1. No
2. No

You are overthinking :)
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

zl13407
Newly Registered
Macau

Re: SET(O) - query about names

Post by zl13407 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:16 pm

srsw wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:47 pm
1. No
2. No

You are overthinking :)
Thanks for calling out my paranoia :D

zl13407
Newly Registered
Macau

Previous passport outside qualifying period?

Post by zl13407 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Hi all,

I'm applying under Set(O) and one item on the document list is "all previous passports you've used to travel to or remain in the UK". I do have an old passport that had a tier 4 visa in it, but the passport was cancelled 6 years ago before my ILR qualifying period started (so it has not been used in this period). Just wanted to check if in this case I still need to submit it?

Thanks!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Previous passport outside qualifying period?

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:41 pm

zl13407 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:26 pm
Hi all,

I'm applying under Set(O) and one item on the document list is "all previous passports you've used to travel to or remain in the UK". I do have an old passport that had a tier 4 visa in it, but the passport was cancelled 6 years ago before my ILR qualifying period started (so it has not been used in this period). Just wanted to check if in this case I still need to submit it?

Thanks!
If it contains any UK immigration history present it as requested.