ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching FTC job to Contract while ILR visas in progress

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gagmix
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Switching FTC job to Contract while ILR visas in progress

Post by gagmix » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:18 pm

Hi all,

I hope you all are well.

I’ve submitted my ILR Set M (Spouse 5 year route) via standard application on 15th Feb,21 and done my biometric on first weeks of March.

I am currently on 12 months FTC and salary way over the requirement. I’ve used my current employer and previous employer (12 months pay slip) with my application.

I’m been offered a new role which much more high salary and I can work as a contractor.

Can I check if it’s worth moving from current job to the new contract while visas is in progress? Also, what are the consequences?

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Switching FTC job to Contract while ILR visas in progress

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:54 pm

NO issues. Your employment status matter as per date of the application not after that.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gagmix
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gagmix » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:25 pm

Thanks! Just spoke to my employer and they haven’t received any call or email from UKVI. So just concern if I do change then my current employer got a call then I’m in a trouble right?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:03 pm

NO
Zimba wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:54 pm
NO issues. Your employment status matter as per date of the application not after that.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gagmix
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gagmix » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:16 pm

Thanks Zimba.. I saw somewhere in the forums where users recommended quite opposite that’s why worrying. Also, I have an option to join new company as a contractor (via Limited company) or FTC. I’m more keen to go via contractor route. Would that going to create more issues if my visa got rejected or they need more info from my side?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:39 pm

gagmix wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:16 pm
Thanks Zimba.. I saw somewhere in the forums where users recommended quite opposite that’s why worrying. Also, I have an option to join new company as a contractor (via Limited company) or FTC. I’m more keen to go via contractor route. Would that going to create more issues if my visa got rejected or they need more info from my side?

Thanks
You need to follow the rules. The rules are what I just described above

gagmix
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gagmix » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:43 pm

Thanks again for the reply Zimba. That’s really helpful in making a decision to take the new role.