ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help regarding divorce

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:37 pm

arshadh141 wrote:
hi
I am not senstive....what you believe or agree is not my problem
Nor is it not my problem that you think I made a dearly beloved statement.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:17 pm

Sorry if I came across as anti PAK marriages - I am not anti at all. I just pointed to the fact that there is a fair amount of marriage issues posted on this forum that relate to that country. Nothing to do with sham or forced or divorced but merely pointing to the fact that there is exploitation both of UK and PAK and / or any other nation where arranged marriages are part of the culture. Perhaps the other nations are less vocal or more secretive about the position

There are as many duped UK cit spouses that believed their marriage was true only to find 2 years later and ILR stamp in a passport brought about an instant divorce. In some cases the divorce papers lead to an instant marriage back in the home land and a nice new shiny spouse joins the queue for a UK visa! It works both ways.

It is a no win situation once the marriage breaks down prior to the end of the two year period. Either the overseas person loses out or the UK person is blamed for something they likely did not do. Does not matter the gender, domestic violence claims from overseas husbands are just as likely now. It makes a mockery of the system and brings it into disrepute. Those that are in happy stable marriages do not post on the forum, why would they? It is not for them the uncertainty or heartache of betrayal and the possible return to an equally uncertain future.

The UK cits are possibly the worst offenders as they have the control mechanism.

I feel for overseas spouses where there is a threat against them to do as they are bid or the divorce papers will ensure a return home. It is a form of blackmail, perform or you are out. Plenty more where you came from.... seems to be the message. It is far worse for females with the prejudices some cultures have with divorced woman. I can see why the abuse card is played rather than face returning home.

As an example I know of a serial marrier – if such a term exists. (Spell check says NOT). He is more than happy for a nice new bride every three or four years. They get ILR, he gets a newer inevitably younger fitter faster model then the one he trades in. Not much chance of kids either - he has had the chop! No CSA costs to come and bite him.
To be particularly unkind he gets a nice obedient stay at home wife, plenty of sex, a cook and a cleaner and all for the price of a plane ticket and a visa application. It is exploitation of the very worst kind but he never has a shortage of ladies willing to be his bride. That is the sad part about it, it does not seem to matter that he is on bride number 4 or 5 he is still seen as an attractive proposition as an alternative to a third world existence.
It is legal by definition although some would say it is akin to people trafficking by the very nature of the circumstances.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:23 pm

Just noticed - you can not use the s e x word as it auto corrects to "gender". Immigration boards you prudes...

See your point though :D

arshadh141
BANNED

Post by arshadh141 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:55 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Just noticed - you can not use the s e x word as it auto corrects to "gender". Immigration boards you prudes...

See your point though :D
Hi Frontier Mole
Thank you for your nice comments..
Some times I get surprised when people start blaming people who come here to join their spouse on visa..everybody think they are coming for visa.
A socalled word Shame Marriages.

Nobody ever think why their marriage is failed..who is to balme for.The person who came here to get blackmail for visa..Face domestic violance
and at the end get divorce and visa rejection as a reward.

I suffered from same situation when my marraiges failed and my wife wrote many letter to HO to remove me from uk.I have one year son and i have to strugle a long court battle just to see my son for 1 hour every saturday.I get 1 year visa...in the meantime my wife kidnap my son to pakistan just to remove me from uk.
My ILR refused and appeal as well...now i am in pakistan

Now I should be balme for shame marriages as well.

I know my wife return uk soon and i have to fight a long fight again for entry clearance.

I personally believe Home office should change rules so that the people who are coming here have not to get blackmail for visa and face domestic
violance.