ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long before can one fill the ILR SET (O) application form?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

heyitsme

How long before can one fill the ILR SET (O) application form?

Post by heyitsme » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:52 pm

My initial T2 Visa issue date is 28th August 2016. As one can apply 28 days before the T2 visa issue date so i can apply on 1st August 2021. I have filled the online application form but I am not sure if this is a right thing to do. Which of the following is more suitable for my circumstances?
1) can I pay for the ILR fee now and just get the biometrics date after 1st August 2021
2) Should I save the application and pay for it on 1st August and then book biometrics
3) Should I discard the application and make a new online application on 1st August 2021?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: How long before can one fill the ILR SET (O) application form?

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:47 pm

Apply now and book the appointment for 1st August. It is fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

heyitsme

Post by heyitsme » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:51 pm

Thanks
I am a bit confused as I was told that if I pay now then my application would be considered as starting from the date of payment and it doesn't matter if i get the appointment after 1st August. Thats why I am confused.

Has anyone done like this before?

heyitsme

Post by heyitsme » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:16 pm

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/applica ... in-the-uk/

This link mentions that for online applications the date application is submitted online is the date of application

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:47 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice