ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding the BRP card and travel

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

udhyasilpa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Regarding the BRP card and travel

Post by udhyasilpa » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:54 pm

Hi All,
Could you please advise on the below
1. I have received my Citizenship Certificate on last friday. Is it mandatory to return BRP card with in 5 days?

2. I am still waiting for British Passport and still holding an Indian Passport. Am i eligible to travel india incase of any emergency with my indian passport and current ILR BRP card?

Please advise

Thanks

Travel_master85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Regarding the BRP card and travel

Post by Travel_master85 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:08 am

It is illegal to use your BRP card as a travel document, once you have attended the citizenship and awarded British Nationality by the Home Office. Your BRP card is no longer a valid document, and you should return it to the Home Office asap. You may be fined up to £1,000, if you don’t return your BRP within 5 days.

The UK passport applications normally take 15-20 days (or even earlier), although the website says that it can take up to six weeks. You can postpone your travel plans for the next 15-20 days.

udhyasilpa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Regarding the BRP card and travel

Post by udhyasilpa » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:11 am

Thanks for your reply. I have not booked any tickets. Just double checking due to an emergency.