ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Workpermit to HSMP transfer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

talk2ravi

Post by talk2ravi » Tue May 10, 2005 10:38 am

Hi All,

I applied for HSMP in Sep 2004. Still waiting for the decision. In the meantime a company is intrested in sponsoring my WP.

My query is , after going to the UK on workpermit, if my HSMP decision is positive , can I get my WP status changed to HSMP visa and at the same time continue with the same employer in the UK.

REquest your response.

Regards,
Ravi

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Tue May 10, 2005 12:17 pm

Yes, You can change your status from WP holder to HSMP visa and at the same time continue with the same employer.
I did that exactly the same, so you can go ahead.

Hope this answer your query :)
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

mcu

Post by mcu » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:33 pm

Hi Indian,
Have you supplied the original experience letters with HSMP application or provided the copies? How did you manage to get back from HO? How long did it take if got back from HO?

Regards.

hert

Post by hert » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:01 pm

mcu: FYI, you have to provide all documents/evidences in ORIGINAL including your Degrees/exp letters. IN ADDITION, You can provide copies, if you wish to. Pls see the GUIDE for further details.
Regarding returing of docs, usually the workteam sends it back alongwith the decision letter i.e, when a final decision (positive or negative) is taken on an application.
hert

mcu

Post by mcu » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:24 pm

Hi hert,
Thanks. Actually my employer has not given me experience letters back. So I was thinking that I cannot get back until I am here on WP visa. Thank you anyway again.

Regards.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:51 pm

@indian_in_uk

were you already in the UK on WP and when you applied for HSMP?

cause in the OP's case, he is presently not in the UK and both his HSMP and WP are out of country applications.

So doesn't the OP has to go back to his home country for EC?