ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Electronic letters

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ridingthisout
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Electronic letters

Post by ridingthisout » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:16 pm

Hello,

Well the time has finally come to submit my wife's ILR application and of course a few last minute panics.

The biggest concern we have right now is my wife's employer is not able to give us original letters or stamp the payslips for her application. Due to Covid no one is going back to the office and HR don't have access to printers at home so can only provide electronic copies of things.

I'm worried that the HO are not going to accept this but at the moment there's not much we can do. I just changed jobs and my current employer is also struggling to comprehend HO requirements and I just found an error in the letter from my previous employer's letter.

Both my wife and I comfortably meet the financial requirement independently.

I found an article online from a lawyer's from 2018 that mentioned home office was accepting copies (i.e. not originals) but couldn't verify this with any info on Gov.uk website.

Anyone have any advice on how people have proceeded in this scenario? It's becoming more and more difficult to get non electronic stuff and covid hasn't helped!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Electronic letters

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:38 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ridingthisout
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ridingthisout » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:33 am

Thanks Zimba, appreciate the input.

After a but of frantic search did spot immigration rules 39B I think it was that talks about this being ok

But it would have been nice for everything to be in one place, including caseworker guidance for family route so one wouldn't have to look in multiple places.

Now I feel sorry for my poor HR colleague for forcing them to print, stamp and verify 12 payslips and a letter :lol:

ridingthisout
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ridingthisout » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:59 pm

But just spotted that the thread you pointed me to was for Tier 2 visas... Assuming the same format evidence applies for family route?

(Hoping I've posted in the right place?)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:05 pm

ONLY use electronic evidence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ridingthisout
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ridingthisout » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:13 pm

I assume you mean if one is to upload themselves?

Last time we applied (January 19), we paid and took all documents with us (with wet signatures and stamps confirming authenticity etc)and they were scanned there and then at the priority (or super priority) service office.

That worked for us at the time but now we can't get physical copies wanted to check we weren't falling foul of anything.

From everything I'm reading it seems we are not so fingers crossed we'll get everything submitted this week.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:26 pm

There is NO need to get a physical letter and scan. ANY electronic evidence is now accepted :!:

ridingthisout
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ridingthisout » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:27 pm

Thanks Zimba!