ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Who Can I contact?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

romanempire
Newly Registered

Who Can I contact?

Post by romanempire » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi everyone
My husband has applied from Albania for a UK visa one month ago he has his interview around two weeks ago and he was told that he needs to wait for an answer, however I was wondering since I am his wife and I live in the UK is there any contact number or email where I can find out about the processing of his visa? I tried calling the embassy in Tirana but they kept telling me that I need to call world bridge. Butwith world bridge I cannot get through anyone there is an answer machine that just keeps telling me that I need to pay 14$. Many thanks for your help.

sky07

Post by sky07 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:04 pm

Hi romanempire, sorry no advice to offer you, just want to say god luck to your husband. How did he think the interview went? Did you go with him? What sort of questions did they ask? Hope you don't mind all these questions!

kainatalipk
Newly Registered

Re: Who Can I contact?

Post by kainatalipk » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:58 am

romanempire wrote:Hi everyone
My husband has applied from Albania for a UK visa one month ago he has his interview around two weeks ago and he was told that he needs to wait for an answer, however I was wondering since I am his wife and I live in the UK is there any contact number or email where I can find out about the processing of his visa? I tried calling the embassy in Tirana but they kept telling me that I need to call world bridge. Butwith world bridge I cannot get through anyone there is an answer machine that just keeps telling me that I need to pay 14$. Many thanks for your help.
you can find out the application process by checking online on this https://www.vfsglobal.org/ApplicantStatus.aspx

hope that answer ur question

romanempire
Newly Registered

Post by romanempire » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:59 pm

that is ok sky, that is how it went
it was only for 15 min and simple questions about how long he was in the UK and how we met. She made a comment saying "did you know about the 1st of October law" so my hiusband said no, she replied "you are lucky". so we dont know what this means. to be honest all our hopes are quite destroyed for the moment because what happened is that my husband has been a failed asylum seeker in the UK for 8 years and in the application he did not mention that at all he thought that they wont find out (that was a huge mistake) so the day of the interview when he saw his file with other papers mentioning his older case as a failed asylum seeker he straight away told the whole story. now the funny thing is that the woman interviewing him never asked him why he did not mention that. he said that the interview went well. but the problem is that in my letter as his sponsor i said that he was in the UK only 1 years (and not 8 years). so I guess we are just waiting for the day they call us to tell us that his application has been rejected. well that is life!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:06 pm

Giving the wrong information was not a great idea. Why did you lie, there was no need to.

I guess your hubby said he was from Kosovo in his asylum claim? If so his false claim would have severely damaged his application regardless.

He might still have a chance of success but a very slim one. As long as he did not lie on the application form he is still in the fight. If he lied on the form plus your letter that will have ensured there was never a chance of a successful application.

Telling the truth at interview is all too late in the day, as the forms clearly state that the information entered is a declaration of the truth. I think it is time to brace yourself for bad news and worse still a mandatory ban as well.