ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Invitation letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rockey
Member of Standing

Citizenship Invitation letter

Post by Rockey » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:32 pm

Hi All

Dear grues ,
Thankyou all for supporting me through out the process! I received email regarding 'citizenship ceremony Invitation on 25th May 2021 then i received after month a formal ceremony invitation from Council which will be held in August 2021-

Its been more than 1 and half month i have never received Hard copy of Citizenship Ceremony letter from Home office, i received only email which says You must bring a copy of this invitation to the Ceremony'

But Council letter is asking i must bring original letter from home office , i emailed and phoned many times but not getting any response from home office regarding hard copy because council will definitely need at ceremony day!

My query is : is this email letter acceptable by Council for ceremony , has this sort of problem happened with any one else ? if council has accepted a email printout copy ! Do you know anyone who has submitted email copy at Citizenship ceremony day !

It will be appreciated if someone can share their experience !

Thanks
Best Regards

Rockey

Travel_master85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Invitation letter

Post by Travel_master85 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:40 pm

Hi

The email letter you received from the Home Office is sufficient. On your citizenship ceremony day, you need to bring Home Office email letter (on your phone), and your BRP card as a proof of ID. You can also bring along your first country's passport, just to be on the safe side.

All the best!

Travel_master85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Travel_master85 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:49 pm

I also received an email from the Home Office (no letter by post). On my citizenship ceremony day, Brent Council just checked Home Office email on my phone screen (you don't even need to print out that email letter!), and my BRP card before we were allowed to go inside the ceremony hall. The entire process was very smooth and efficient.

So don't worry about anything. You'll be fine!

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:23 pm

Aha thats great ! Thankyou so much mate. I hope it wont be any problem
Best Regards

Rockey