ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel whilst waiting for the application result?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

checksout
Newly Registered
Turkey

Can I travel whilst waiting for the application result?

Post by checksout » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:33 pm

I applied for Set(M) visa quite a while ago and hoping I'll have the BRP just in the nick of time but at the same time I want to be prepared for the worst case scenarios.

1- What happens if I get the approval email but BRP doesn't arrive before my departure? Can I get back without the card? Can my partner collect it so that he can send it to me whilst I'm there?

2- What happens if I don't hear back at all? I heard that you can still travel and come back if the application is pending. Is that true for this type of application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I travel whilst waiting for the application result?

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:46 pm

1. You need the brp card to board a flight to the UK and enter the UK. Brp cards are delivered to your address not collected anywhere

2. You cannot travel while you have a pending application. If you leave the UK while your application is with UKVI, your application is automatically withdrawn and you lose your ilr fee paid. If your spouse visa has expired, you won't have a means to return to the UK either
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

checksout
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Can I travel whilst waiting for the application result?

Post by checksout » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:18 am

Thanks CR001