ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?"

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

katmm
Newly Registered
Poland

"Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?"

Post by katmm » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:25 pm

Hi, I am an EU national currently applying for naturalisation as a British citizen. I have a settled status obtained in 2019. EU Settlement Scheme is the only UK immigration application I have ever previously made. I have a degree from UK university, taught in English. I am unsure how to respond to these questions:
1. "Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?" Should people granted settled status under EU settlement Scheme reply YES or NO?
2. "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as a part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?" Should people granted settled status under EU settlement Scheme reply YES or NO?

dexmo
United Kingdom

Re: "Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?"

Post by dexmo » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:59 pm

katmm wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:25 pm
Hi, I am an EU national currently applying for naturalisation as a British citizen. I have a settled status obtained in 2019. EU Settlement Scheme is the only UK immigration application I have ever previously made. I have a degree from UK university, taught in English. I am unsure how to respond to these questions:
1. "Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?" Should people granted settled status under EU settlement Scheme reply YES or NO?
2. "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as a part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?" Should people granted settled status under EU settlement Scheme reply YES or NO?
No will be the answer to both. As and EU/EEA national you did not have to prove knowledge of English as part of your EUSS application as this is not a requirement. Neither was this a requirement to get your settled status which is a form of indefinite leave to remain.

katmm
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: "Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?"

Post by katmm » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:43 pm

Thank you for your response. I have actually contacted Home Office to ask about these questions and the caseworker confidently told me to reply with "No" to both questions in my circumstances.
Also, for the info of anyone looking for answers in a similar situation, the caseworker told me to reply with YES to the question "Are you: An EEA national who has been issued with a
permanent residence document", and specify my EU settled status in the options that come up once you say Yes.