ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:34 pm

AzimScot - congrats on ur wife's visa...did she appy for settlemnt visa or none settlement.....they called a bit late didnt they...inshahallah you will be wiv her soon.......i applied on the 11th soo hopin to hear sumting soon

str34

Post by str34 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Azimscot: masha allah congrats happy for u! hope u have a great life together ameen. Keep praying for us..

thanks!

str34

Post by str34 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:37 pm

naz08: hi, its looking very positive allot of people getting replies today our turn next (Insha allah). chin up! keep positive!!

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:32 pm

str34 - yeh ur right inshahallah we will hear sumthing soon fingers crossed and were did u apply..i mean if islamabad office is closed then were do people go to collect there passports.........oh yeh they sent me an email sayn that they have the application and they are still checking it no decision has been made so and they cant tell me how long excatly it is gna take.................

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:08 pm

its a settlement visa VA4 application form.

I am beginning to think maybe the visa could of been given before due to the closures recently, Allah knows best.

Hope u all get visas quickly.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:10 pm

AzimScot wrote:its a settlement visa VA4 application form.

I am beginning to think maybe the visa could of been given before due to the closures recently, Allah knows best.

Hope u all get visas quickly.
im hoping to hear sumting at the end of this week im prayn ...ur first application yeh????

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:36 am

Question:

A number of people are receiving great news that they can go and collect their passports, and that they have the visa. To my knowledge you're only informed of the outcome once you've collected the passport.

Has there been a change in the process?? Are the VACs now telling you that the passport has been stamped with the visa, before its collected??

If anyone can advise it would be greatly appreciated. Thx. :D

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:53 am

Oahmed Your so Right..From my knowledge They dont Tell on The form As The papers Are all Closed in A envolope so HOW ????
UMM maybe they changed the Procedure seems like it But My hubby Wasnt told N Seems like Few ppl on This Board knew Before getting to The vacs So ITS odd ? can Anyone Tell us How did you find out Just A curiousity :$

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:26 am

was gna ask the same thing a lot of people have been informed over the phone wether they got the visa or not i mean everyone i know have been told before they go down there...they must have changed the process then...mmm well dunt know wether to think wether its bad or good

faaniali

Good News

Post by faaniali » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:41 am

Hello guys,,,, I have a good newss... On the website for my wife it says 'Application forwarded to BHC'. so like i said my friend got his passport before the status changed on the web.

so I told my wife to go yesterday with the slip,, she was late so the office was close.. She went down today and she called me at 5:00am (Uk time) from the Gerry's office and said I got the passport with a big shiny Visa stamped. YAhooooooooooooooooooo :wink: :wink: :wink:

So on the web it is still Application forwarded to BHC..

So guys go and talk to gerry's because they are lazy b****ds, I am flying on 24th October to Karachi to get my wife back with me.

She applied on 17th Sep from KHI, for Spouse visa (Non-Settlement).

Iam praying for all other naz08, mrsi and everybody else waiting and they will inshah Allah get the visa.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:44 am

Faaniali - bro thats brilliant news!! Hope you and your wife have a fab life together :D

str34

Post by str34 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:01 am

faaniali: masha allah congrats happy for u!

I have applied for a settlement visa do u think its worth giving it a go, even though processing is longer for the settlement rather than the non settlement. Also ur mate you spoke about who which 1 did he/she apply for?

thanks.

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:38 am

My mate falls in the same category spouse non settlement,, but point is that gerry's have got all the passports submitted upto 19th,, thats what they told my wife..

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:40 am

Guess what? now the status is changed,, lol

Status of your passport

Reference Number KHI/170908/028***/1
Application date 17 Sep 2008
Status Application collected 15 Oct 2008 :lol:

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:41 am

hey guys what does this mean help any1, they sent me an email today like a few mins ago help any1

Due to security reasons Visa Application Centres are closed indefinitely except their branches in Karachi & Lahore which are now working as normal. . Currently we are unable to give you precise time frame about rest of their branches.

The visa section within the High Commission continues to operate normally and will post information on the consequences for those who have already submitted applications and who are waiting for the return of their passports on our web site ukinpakistan.fco.gov.uk as soon as possible.

In case your application has already been concluded and your documents despatched to Gerry's International then their staff will contact you in near future to inform when to visit them to collect documents. Kindly wait to be contacted by them.

For further help & assistance visit following web sites .

Regards,

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:42 am

It simply means that the lazy gerry's staff will contact u when they want to.. so go there and tell them u'v got a call because thats how my wife got it ;)

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:44 am

oh ok so your wife went down there and got it...did she not wait for a call then???? shall i send my hubbi 2morrow morning to go and check it up??????? im so nervous

It hasnt changed online

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:47 am

She didnt waited for any call, the status on the web before an hour was 'forwarded to bhc'. So its really worth going there and checking by urself. If u'll go and say we haven't got a call and we are here to just check then loads of people come to do that and they r used to giv a simple answer 'come after 3 4 days'

so if u'll say i have got a call, then they will really check it in the record. 8)

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:50 am

faaniali wrote:She didnt waited for any call, the status on the web before an hour was 'forwarded to bhc'. So its really worth going there and checking by urself. If u'll go and say we haven't got a call and we are here to just check then loads of people come to do that and they r used to giv a simple answer 'come after 3 4 days'

so if u'll say i have got a call, then they will really check it in the record. 8)
thanks i will tell my hubbi to go down there 2morrw its late now??? and see what they are playn at....so il tell hubbi to tell them they he got a call......im flippn nervous........which in islamabad office do you go to and were is it??????
Last edited by naz08 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:51 am

naz08,, my case was from khi,, dunno about the ISL address.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:53 am

Hi Naz - it lookslike your just getting a 'standard' email response from the BHC. It doesnt really specify anything specific to your individual case. Whay may be a good idea is you get your hubby to go down to the VAC and find out if his passport has arrived.

I think the BHC, on the whole, is processing applications pretty quickly at the moment.

It looks like the issues are with Gerry's and they are taking an endless amount of time in contacting people and informing people of collection. I think rather than wait around, get your hubby down there (every day if need be).

Inshallah you will receive some good news, keep your spirits up girl (",)

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:53 am

faaniali wrote:naz08,, my case was from khi,, dunno about the ISL address.
oh karachi office open you see thats why you can go wivout a call islamabad one is still closed..arrangements are being made.... so im back in a pickle.........

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:55 am

oahmed wrote:Hi Naz - it lookslike your just getting a 'standard' email response from the BHC. It doesnt really specify anything specific to your individual case. Whay may be a good idea is you get your hubby to go down to the VAC and find out if his passport has arrived.

I think the BHC, on the whole, is processing applications pretty quickly at the moment.

It looks like the issues are with Gerry's and they are taking an endless amount of time in contacting people and informing people of collection. I think rather than wait around, get your hubby down there (every day if need be).

Inshallah you will receive some good news, keep your spirits up girl (",)
thanks for ur support...its to late now isnt?? ill send him down there tomorrw....they dunt put in on record do they that they contactd the applicant so if i lie and say they did call me will it matter????

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:56 am

Agree with oahmed, because relying on web to check the status is waste of time :roll:

The reason BHC was closed had also turned the process to be quick,, so if the process waz quick then expect the result to be quick,, who knows if the result was quick and the passport is with gerry's??

if the arrangements r being made then there must be 1 address of delivery, find it out from someone and go there

Good thing is to go and check in person :shock:

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:56 am

Offcourse they dont put anything in record about the calls,, common :lol: