ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job opportunities for SAP PP Functional Consultant -

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srinivasans.1979
Newly Registered

Job opportunities for SAP PP Functional Consultant -

Post by srinivasans.1979 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:19 pm

Hi ,

I am a SAP funtional consultant specialized in PP/QM module. I want to apply for Tier 1, but am confused whether i should go ahead or not due to present Financial crisis in US and Europe.

Is the job opportunities are still hold good? Can i proceed. If i proceed now, i think i can start looking fora job from January 2009 onwards.

Request your advices.

Thanks

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:22 pm

I am SAP functional consultant myself and the feedback I heard about SAP opportunities from my known recruiters there (as I had lived there) is really not convincing............

ssheik
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Job opportunities for SAP PP Functional Consultant -

Post by ssheik » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:56 am

srinivasans.1979 wrote:Hi ,

I am a SAP funtional consultant specialized in PP/QM module. I want to apply for Tier 1, but am confused whether i should go ahead or not due to present Financial crisis in US and Europe.

Is the job opportunities are still hold good? Can i proceed. If i proceed now, i think i can start looking fora job from January 2009 onwards.

Request your advices.

Thanks
Hi Srinivasan,
Market for permanent roles is better compared to the one for contract roles. If you have had international experience(preferably UK), I think you should be able to get a SAP PP permanent role. Keep following the jobsites in UK; they are the best source of jobs in the market. Thats how I landed my job(SAP SRM Consultant) when I initially moved to UK.
Regards
Sami.

srinivasans.1979
Newly Registered

Post by srinivasans.1979 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:30 pm

ssheik wrote:

Request your advices.

Thanks
Hi Srinivasan,
Market for permanent roles is better compared to the one for contract roles. If you have had international experience(preferably UK), I think you should be able to get a SAP PP permanent role. Keep following the jobsites in UK; they are the best source of jobs in the market. Thats how I landed my job(SAP SRM Consultant) when I initially moved to UK.
Regards
Sami.
Hi Sami,

Thanks. I dont have a prior experience in UK. But i served 6 months in Germany. I am looking for permenant job n UK. Can i proceed further?

Thanks
Srini

ssheik
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ssheik » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:12 pm

srinivasans.1979 wrote:
ssheik wrote:

Request your advices.

Thanks
Hi Srinivasan,
Regards
Sami.
Hi Sami,

Thanks. I dont have a prior experience in UK. But i served 6 months in Germany. I am looking for permenant job n UK. Can i proceed further?

Thanks
Srini
Hi Srini,
International experience does help. The best thing would be to apply via the jobsites in UK and see the response. You should then get a fair idea of how the job market is.
Regards
Sami.

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:55 pm

Hey,

sorry if i sounded negative. I had good experience in jobhunting and jobsites are inflated. There r quiet a few of my friends who've been approved with hsmp/tier1 and still waiting for the market to turn.

i would personally think negative and act positive.

srini, give me ur mob number, if ever u want to speak to me reg job hunting.

all the best,

sunny