ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Naailah Booly
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation

Post by Naailah Booly » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:45 pm

I wanted to know my eligibility to apply for citizenship as I have been overseas for more than 450 days due to travel restrictions as a result of Covid pandemic. To be precise, I have been overseas for 702 days.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:59 pm

Naailah Booly wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:45 pm
I wanted to know my eligibility to apply for citizenship as I have been overseas for more than 450 days due to travel restrictions as a result of Covid pandemic. To be precise, I have been overseas for 702 days.
Page 16 onwards:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

Note, in your case Naturalisation is a privilege not a right unlike for example someone born in UK to a settled parent etc.

The updated Nationality guidance does take pandemic into consideration now, however, it is upon discretion. You may have to prove why you were unable to return for such a long time with strong evidence.

Ideal scenario would be to apply when you meet the requirements. No one can answer yes or no to your question as it is CW’s discretion. You may want to try your luck and risk it giving strong explanation and evidence relying on official guidance. However, if refused you will loose the fees but you can still apply again when you meet all requirements in this case.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.