ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment questions in the Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

babez82
Newly Registered

Citizenship referee requirements

Post by babez82 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:27 pm

Hi Everyone

I am preparing my citizenship application ahead for September this year , in regard to the 2 referees , I heard people telling that some of their information need to be filled online , as I got only the name signature and their professions ( my accountant and a friend ) , is there any extra information required like their passport number ...?

Thanks in advance for your help

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship referee requirements

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:43 pm

Here's a run-down of what the questions regarding referees are:

Your first referee. ​
Referees must:
not be a relative, solicitor or agent of the applicant
not be related to the other referee
not be employed by the Home Office
know or have known the applicant personally for more than 3 years
they are willing to give full details of their knowledge of the applicant
advise the Home Office of any reason why the applicant should not be registered
Referees must also not have been convicted of an imprisonable offence. ​A single non-custodial sentence may be disregarded if (conditions listed).
Give your first referee’s details. ​This referee must be the holder of a British Citizen passport (and either a professional person or over the age of 25).

Title (choose from Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms, Doctor or Reverend; as they’ve written out “Doctor” in full I’m not sure if they also take it to include people with non-medical PhD degrees)

Given names, family name, gender, date of birth, address, Have they lived at this address for more than 3 years? (yes—if you say ‘no’ it says “Please provide all other addresses the referee has lived in for the past 3 years, Maximum of 500 characters”)

“Additional details for your first referee”:
What is their phone number?
What is their email address?
What is their profession?
Does your referee have a British passport? ​Passport number
How does the referee know the applicant?
Your second referee—given names, family name, gender, date of birth, address, Have they lived at this address for more than 3 years (if No, other addresses required as above)
Additional details for your second referee (as above)
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

babez82
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship referee requirements

Post by babez82 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:39 pm

Hi alterhase58

Thanks a lot for your help really appreciate that a lot , have a great weekend

babez82
Newly Registered

Neutralization application's covering letter

Post by babez82 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:43 pm

Hi everyone

I am going to apply for a UK neutralization this month , and wounder if it helps to have a covering letter sent with my application and so any template please ?

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Neutralization application's covering letter

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:10 pm

For naturalisation there generally is no requirement to include a covering letter.
If all the details and documents are correct there is no need to explain anything.
Do you have any specific concerns that you wish to address?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

babez82
Newly Registered

Re: Neutralization application's covering letter

Post by babez82 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:30 pm

Thanks Alterhase58 for your reply , nothing apart from 1 CCJ which I paid recently and shows on the system as satisfied now , I am self employed and my wages is not on the PAYE but I am sending my last personal tax return 2019-2020 , everything else is fine

babez82
Newly Registered

Employment questions in the Citizenship application

Post by babez82 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:41 pm

Hi

There are 2 question in regard to the employment past 10 years in the application , for my case I have been running a few businesses and director on the LTD companies to the related businesses , ( came to the UK under Entrepreneur route ) , unfortunately theses business did not succeeded and had to dissolve the companies , should I mention all the LTD I have been director of ?