ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 General Visa Refused

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shaman
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 General Visa Refused

Post by shaman » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:51 pm

Hi,

I had applied for UK Tier 1 General Visa on July 21st. Using PBS I had scored 85 points. I have also got 10 points for the English language Requirment.
But my Visa has been refused. Reason being for the Maintenance fund I had to 2800 GBP maintained for 3 months and also the proof (Bank statement) should not be older than 7 days from the date of applicaiton. I have maintained the amount for 3 months from the date of application. The only proof that I could have showed is the Bank statement. Since the I have maintained the fund in a UK bank and I had travelled back to India I requested for the bank statement from here. It took 5 working days for the Bank statement to reach my UK address and would have taken another 4 more working days to reach my India address. This would have violated the 7 days clause. Hence what I did was as soon as it reached my UK address I got those statements faxed to India and submitted that as the proof.
My visa application has been refused saying I have to submit the originals and not the fax copy. If I had waited for the originals and then submitted probably the application would have gotten rejected saying the bank statement is older than 7 days from the date of application.
I have submitted the application or Admin review.
Has anybody faced a refusal like this? What are the chances of the decision being overwritten in the review.
And also any idea about how many days it will take for the admin review.

Thanks & Regards
Shaman

Mohammed

Post by Mohammed » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:21 pm

Hi,

Sorry to hear that your Visa got rejected, I am in a similar situation and this has got me worrying. I am planning to apply for the tier 1 visa and I will be going back to India from UK. My bank account is an online UK savings account and am planning to download an online bank statement for the last 3 months, get this stamped and signed by my BANK in UK, also will get a letter from the bank stating that the online statement is authentic and the balance in my bank account for the last 3 months has always been more than £2800 and it has never gone below this amount during the past 3 months. Planning to get this statement and letter on Friday, fly to India and apply on Monday.
Could some tell me if the above mentioned acceptable?

hina_France

Post by hina_France » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:38 pm

Mohammed wrote:Hi,

Sorry to hear that your Visa got rejected, I am in a similar situation and this has got me worrying. I am planning to apply for the tier 1 visa and I will be going back to India from UK. My bank account is an online UK savings account and am planning to download an online bank statement for the last 3 months, get this stamped and signed by my BANK in UK, also will get a letter from the bank stating that the online statement is authentic and the balance in my bank account for the last 3 months has always been more than £2800 and it has never gone below this amount during the past 3 months. Planning to get this statement and letter on Friday, fly to India and apply on Monday.
Its perfectly alright.

I had to face the same situation.

I authorized one of my friend to collect my latest statement from my bank and send it to me by courrier service (similar to DHL). I received the documents in my home country after 4 days, which i submittied to the high commission on the very next day.

If the case is rejected on the basis of violating this 7-day clause, I doubt, admin review wll help.

shaman
Newly Registered

Post by shaman » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:01 pm

hina_France wrote:
Mohammed wrote:Hi,

Its perfectly alright.

I had to face the same situation.

I authorized one of my friend to collect my latest statement from my bank and send it to me by courrier service (similar to DHL). I received the documents in my home country after 4 days, which i submittied to the high commission on the very next day.

If the case is rejected on the basis of violating this 7-day clause, I doubt, admin review wll help.
Hi hina_france
My rejection is not because of the 7 days clause. It has been refused because of original bank statement not being produced.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:39 pm

Unfortunately, in that case the Case Worker was well within his rights to cancel the application. It is clearly stated in the guidelines that whatever the circumstances be, one needs to submit original dox only.

Lets see what comes out of the Admin Review. All the best.

shaman
Newly Registered

Post by shaman » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:27 am

push_hsmp wrote:Unfortunately, in that case the Case Worker was well within his rights to cancel the application. It is clearly stated in the guidelines that whatever the circumstances be, one needs to submit original dox only.

Lets see what comes out of the Admin Review. All the best.
Hi,

I am in possession with the original document(Bank Statement) now. Any idea as to how long with the Admin review result be out? I had also mentioned the reason for submitting the fax copy during the time of application in the Cover letter. In the guidlines they have also stated that the Bank statement for the Maintenance fund should be older than 7 days for the applicaiton. The only chance in that case would have been to travel to UK get the Bank statement and then submit and I dont think this could have been option.

sumeets
Newly Registered

EC rejected due to bank statements!!!!!

Post by sumeets » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:12 pm

Hi,
I have gone through the above posts, just want to add that even my EC has been rejected because of bank statements.....i had made an application on the 08th Sep 08 and had submitted the statements till the 6/09/08, however the statements from the 10/08/08 till the 06/09/08 were printouts from the branch and were signed/stamped accordingly. The CW has mentioned that i have only submitted the statements till the 10/08/08 which were sent to me in the post by the bank......If i go for an Admin review how likely is it that my case will be considered and can any one let me know the time frame for Admin review.

Regards
Sumeet

shaman
Newly Registered

Re: EC rejected due to bank statements!!!!!

Post by shaman » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:05 am

sumeets wrote:Hi,
I have gone through the above posts, just want to add that even my EC has been rejected because of bank statements.....i had made an application on the 08th Sep 08 and had submitted the statements till the 6/09/08, however the statements from the 10/08/08 till the 06/09/08 were printouts from the branch and were signed/stamped accordingly. The CW has mentioned that i have only submitted the statements till the 10/08/08 which were sent to me in the post by the bank......If i go for an Admin review how likely is it that my case will be considered and can any one let me know the time frame for Admin review.

Regards
Sumeet
Hi Sorry to hear about the refusal. I have applied for Admin review and its almost a month now but I havent heard anything about the decision being taken.

saurabhrane
Newly Registered

Re: EC rejected due to bank statements!!!!!

Post by saurabhrane » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:19 pm

sumeets wrote:Hi,

Regards
Sumeet
Hi Sumeet,

Were these statements for the maintenance funds or previous earnings? Also had you submited letter from the bank stating your funds till 06/09/08?

Regards.
Saurabh

amitkddas

Hi

Post by amitkddas » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi Shaman,

Sorry about ur case. And again sorry for saying the below:

The guidance clearly states that all supporting documents must be submitted in original. And that the bank statements should not be more than 7 days old.

I doubt whether the Admin Review will help. Nevertheless its worth the attempt.

Best of Luck.

Regards,
Amit

askamat
Newly Registered

Admin Review applied after rejection of EC

Post by askamat » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:01 am

Hi People,

I had applied for EC on 16 June 2008, which was rejected on 4 Aug 2008. The reason for the refusal was "Bank Statement was older than 7days during the time of application". My bank statement was taken till 2 June 2008 and the date of application was 16 June 2008.

I applied for an "Administrative Review". BHC received the application for the review as on 1 Sept 2008 along with a statement for the period from 2 June-16 June 2008.

BHC mentions that they would take 28 days to process the admin review requests. Its 46 days now that they haven't processed the same. So, I initiated mail enquiry to their email address (chennai.admin@fco.gov.uk). They sent the first reply on 29 Sept that they would take more than 28 days for the process. Now again when I asked them about the delay and the tentative time of the process, they sternly said that no status update will be provided on any administrative review requests.

If anyone shares a similar experience, please contact me. Would like to know if VISA was granted after the similar experience and if YES, how long did it take for the review process.

Also, if someone is on the same page as me and waiting for the review process to be done for the same above reason, please let me know as soon as the decision has been given.

Thanks for the help
I am available on 09884510383 / 09930966283.

Regards
ANANT KAMAT

askamat
Newly Registered

Admin Review applied after rejection of EC

Post by askamat » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:01 am

Hi People,

I had applied for EC on 16 June 2008, which was rejected on 4 Aug 2008. The reason for the refusal was "Bank Statement was older than 7days during the time of application". My bank statement was taken till 2 June 2008 and the date of application was 16 June 2008.

I applied for an "Administrative Review". BHC received the application for the review as on 1 Sept 2008 along with a statement for the period from 2 June-16 June 2008.

BHC mentions that they would take 28 days to process the admin review requests. Its 46 days now that they haven't processed the same. So, I initiated mail enquiry to their email address (chennai.admin@fco.gov.uk). They sent the first reply on 29 Sept that they would take more than 28 days for the process. Now again when I asked them about the delay and the tentative time of the process, they sternly said that no status update will be provided on any administrative review requests.

If anyone shares a similar experience, please contact me. Would like to know if VISA was granted after the similar experience and if YES, how long did it take for the review process.

Also, if someone is on the same page as me and waiting for the review process to be done for the same above reason, please let me know as soon as the decision has been given.

Thanks for the help

Regards
ANANT KAMAT

shaman
Newly Registered

Re: Admin Review applied after rejection of EC

Post by shaman » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:20 am

askamat wrote:Hi People,

Thanks for the help

Regards
ANANT KAMAT
Hi Anant,
I am in a similar situation. I am still waiting for the Admin Review result. Its been more than 28 days now. I had called up BHS they said that they will get back to me either by means of email or a call if the decision is overwritten.

pooja2206
Newly Registered

refusal of visa for bank statement reason

Post by pooja2206 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:40 pm

hey!

I have been facing the same circumstances too, as you guys. I have applied from Oman and have HSBC account in the UK. The receipt of bank statements from HSBC would take 10-12 days to reach me and therefore I printed a copy of my online statement and got it verified by the local HSBC branch, signed and stamped, dated just 1 day prior to the date of application.

Still, my application has been refused as they have mentioned that the date of the statement is 7 days earlier than the application date. They havent taken into consideration the stamp and verification date.

What do I do now? I have been given right for administrative review. Should i do that or just reapply? Please help me! I am very depressed.. :(

- pooja

JAH

Rejected in Review

Post by JAH » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:32 pm

One of my friend rejected Tier1 general visa in review when he submitted the 3 days old bankstatement. And no right of appeal further.....

His objection was of 15 days bankstatment only and nothing else

Can he do further for it??

rgds,

JAH

push
United Kingdom

Re: refusal of visa for bank statement reason

Post by push » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:58 pm

pooja2206 wrote:hey!

What do I do now? I have been given right for administrative review. Should i do that or just reapply? Please help me! I am very depressed.. :(

- pooja
I would suggest that you apply for an admin review. This time however take a print of your statement from your local HSBC Branch (provided you can do that) and get it certified by the local branch, and attach with your application and highlight the practical difficulties in obtaining latest (7 days old) statements. You dont have anything to lose but 30 days.

regards,

push_hsmp

push
United Kingdom

Re: Rejected in Review

Post by push » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:16 pm

JAH wrote:One of my friend rejected Tier1 general visa in review when he submitted the 3 days old bankstatement. And no right of appeal further.....

His objection was of 15 days bankstatment only and nothing else

Can he do further for it??

rgds,

JAH
Nothing I am afraid as the the evidence submitted was insufficient (for 15 days rather than 3 months). As one can not submit any additional evidence can not be submitted with the admin review hence no right to appeal, I think.

regards,

push_hsmp

JAH

HSMP /Tier1 was refused

Post by JAH » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:44 am

@ push_hsmp

Its a HSMP /Tier1.
He submitted a bank statement of (3600 GBP of more than 3 months) which was issued 11 days ago at the time of submission & he was refused on this single objection that statement is older more than 7 days.Later on in review he submitted the fresh bank statment and also stated the matter in the cover letter.But ECO did not consider it & refused it again with no right of appeal.

A quick response would be highly appreciated!

Jos1984
Newly Registered

7-day rule applies for bank statement of previous earnings?

Post by Jos1984 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:33 am

Hi All,

Just to be on the safer side , could anyone please confirm - that the 7-day rule applies only for the bank statement shown as proof for Maintanance Funds and not for the supporting documents of any other section?

Like, please confirm that 7-day rule is not applicable for the following -

1. The bank statements shown as evidence for the previous earnings
2. The payslips / letter from employer - sign and stamped documents (along with date).

Thanks.

pooja2206
Newly Registered

Advice on Post Study visa Tier 1

Post by pooja2206 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:10 pm

Dear push_hsmp

Thank you somuch for your promt reply. I might be able to secure the statement here from the local branch. But they clearly mention that we are NOT allowed to send any additional documents when requesting an administrative review. Should I still attach the statements and write a covering letter explaining my difficulties?

Also, in the application, I had already mentioned that it was not possible to get statements from UK within the 7 day period but they have not considered that fact.

I have already been refused visa twice. If i did plan to applyfor a third time, would the previous decisions affect the outcome?

Thanks!

ch15

Post by ch15 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:28 pm

I am in the similar situation.

I submitted my Tier 1 (General) application on the 27th Dec 2008, with all the needed documents.

I have included three months bank statement, all three have the CLOSING BALANCE of more than 800 pounds. But, there There are merely 4 DAYS in the statement show less than 800 pounds (700+). To make thing worse, this is a continuously 4 days in the middle of the 3-mth period!

I have another bank account statement, can prove the sufficient funds, but only for the 3 days (out of 4)!!!

So, even if I send the additional documents next week, I will be rejected too (due to that 1-day insufficient fund!). I am completely lost and depressed now!

Regards

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:05 pm

Pls ..... no more posts on the same point ....
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer