ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Applicants Planning to Apply January 2009

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

taniaferoz
Newly Registered

Post by taniaferoz » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:00 am

Hi all,

This thread is only for applicants planning to apply in january 2009.

lets discuss our planning, problems and the current financial crisis effecting the job market in Uk and hence how can it effect us?

Regards

amazing_v2k
Newly Registered

Post by amazing_v2k » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:23 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply in January 2009 as I have started maintaining funds in my account since October 2008. I will be applying from Mumbai probably though a consultant who will also help me find jobs as soon as I get my Visa. I have one query, I will be turning 27 years old on 8th Jan 2009. If I apply before that, i.e. before 7th Jan 2009, should I put my age as 26 which will be my age on the date of application or should I put 27? I will also be giving IELTS test by next month as the points calculator does not award me 10 points for english language.

Thanks in advance !!!

taniaferoz
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Applicants Planning to Apply January 2009

Post by taniaferoz » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:52 am

amazing_v2k wrote:Hi,

I am planning to apply in January 2009 as I have started maintaining funds in my account since October 2008. I will be applying from Mumbai probably though a consultant who will also help me find jobs as soon as I get my Visa. I have one query, I will be turning 27 years old on 8th Jan 2009. If I apply before that, i.e. before 7th Jan 2009, should I put my age as 26 which will be my age on the date of application or should I put 27? I will also be giving IELTS test by next month as the points calculator does not award me 10 points for english language.

Thanks in advance !!!
hey good luck for your application! you should put your age as 26 as you will turn 27 in 8th jan and you will be applying before that.

cheers!

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:51 pm

taniaferoz wrote:Hi all,

lets discuss our planning, problems and the current financial crisis effecting the job market in Uk and hence how can it effect us?

Regards
Good to see a thread for Januarians (2009) too...

Situation: I have started maintaining MF from October 2008 and will apply in January; I will be 29 years old this dec 2008..I have almost covered all my problems except few...my doubts are:

1. I have withdrawn PF from my previous employer. Now the process of getting PF from your previous is simple but it does not give us any proof that the money which was deposited in my account was from PF account. Two cheques were credited to my account directly from PF office people however I do not have any other proof (I am using that money for MF not for previous earning and in case CW asks for Source of fund). I am using only one bank account for my previous earning and MF.

2. My bachelor degree is recognized by the BIA website and it awards me 10 points for English as well; Do I still need a NARIC certificate?

3. My name in my Bachelor degree was wrongly printed and I realized recently so what I did was to apply for change of name on my marksheets + Degree certificate. Now I have my name printed correctly on marksheets and degree certificate however the month/year when the new marksheet is printed is Sept/2008. However degree award date is just fine. Will this create any confusion or if I put the same explaination in the cover letter would it be enough? OR Do I have to provide any proof for this as well?

I will appreciate any type of help on the above questions.

Regards

Jedi001

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:02 pm

my visa expires in March 09 end, am thinking will apply in beginning of Feb.
or should I apply in beginning of Jan ? Any suggestions ?

I have also started to maintain the minimum sum required from Oct 1.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:31 pm

apply4hsmp wrote:my visa expires in March 09 end, am thinking will apply in beginning of Feb.
or should I apply in beginning of Jan ? Any suggestions ?

I have also started to maintain the minimum sum required from Oct 1.
I think its great to have an experience campaigner like you to have in the Januarians team :-)

Jedi001

taniaferoz
Newly Registered

Post by taniaferoz » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:31 am

Jedi001 wrote:
taniaferoz wrote:Hi all,

Regards
Good to see a thread for Januarians (2009) too...

Situation: I have started maintaining MF from October 2008 and will apply in January; I will be 29 years old this dec 2008..I have almost covered all my problems except few...my doubts are:

1. I have withdrawn PF from my previous employer. Now the process of getting PF from your previous is simple but it does not give us any proof that the money which was deposited in my account was from PF account. Two cheques were credited to my account directly from PF office people however I do not have any other proof (I am using that money for MF not for previous earning and in case CW asks for Source of fund). I am using only one bank account for my previous earning and MF.

2. My bachelor degree is recognized by the BIA website and it awards me 10 points for English as well; Do I still need a NARIC certificate?

3. My name in my Bachelor degree was wrongly printed and I realized recently so what I did was to apply for change of name on my marksheets + Degree certificate. Now I have my name printed correctly on marksheets and degree certificate however the month/year when the new marksheet is printed is Sept/2008. However degree award date is just fine. Will this create any confusion or if I put the same explaination in the cover letter would it be enough? OR Do I have to provide any proof for this as well?

I will appreciate any type of help on the above questions.

Regards

Jedi001
Hi Jedi!

answer # 1: i am assuming the PF stands for provident fund. in my case the employer issues a provident fund certificate and the salary slips also shows the deduction of PF every month....

answer # 2: if your bachelors degree is recognized by the tool then i dont think you have to get it verified by NARIC as the database is from NARIC itself.

Answer # 3: explanation in the cover letter will do you good.

Regards
T.

spattigilli
Newly Registered

Post by spattigilli » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:42 am

taniaferoz wrote:
Hi Jedi!

answer # 1: i am assuming the PF stands for provident fund. in my case the employer issues a provident fund certificate and the salary slips also shows the deduction of PF every month....

answer # 2: if your bachelors degree is recognized by the tool then i dont think you have to get it verified by NARIC as the database is from NARIC itself.

Answer # 3: explanation in the cover letter will do you good.

Regards
T.
Hey Jedi,

New date in the certificate will not be a problem. I was also under the same situation when I applied for HSMP. Mention it in the cover letter, it should be enough.

lilian
Newly Registered

Post by lilian » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:29 am

I'm also planning to apply the Tier 1 in Jan, 2009.

I've been waiting for more than 10 months in order to collect the pay slips. As in China, no bank has the policy to provide bank statement for customers' income, I'm still thinking away to get the second proof of my income.

Another uncertainty is that my IELTS score is two years old. I wonder whether I should retake the test...

amazing_v2k
Newly Registered

Post by amazing_v2k » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:01 am

Hi Lilian,

I suggest you should take the IELTS again as the IELTS given before 2 years would not be valid.
Senior members, correct me if I am wrong.

Regards...

abdik1980

Post by abdik1980 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:09 am

Friends:

BHC accepts the bonus if it was mentioned on the salary slip. Let me explain you my case:

My company had deposited monthly salary of Aug in my bank account on 2nd sept. 2008 while performance based bonus was given to me on 23rd sept, 2008 and deposited on the same day in my bank account. In this case; should my company have to mention this bonus on my salary slip of Aug? Please note that both salary and bounus were deposited in my bank account separately. Please guide.

vijaymaghnani

Post by vijaymaghnani » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:14 pm

I will also apply in January . i have started maintaining fund in my SALARY ACCOUNT from 17th Sep 08 ...

I have following doubts

1) i will be submitting same bank statement for SALARY as well as MAINTENENCE, My statement will show a BIG transaction on 17th Sep 08 for Rs.4.5Lac which i recently deposited to meet requirement...DO I NEED TO PROVIDE ANY PROOF OF FUND..I just converted my PRIZE BOND to my accounts...NO PROOF FOR THIS TRANSACTION..

2) I am working for A Bank where my MANAGER will be signing my salary slip and will give me a salary letter on the other hand he will also sign my statement and will give certificate for this...NOW I THINK THESE PROOF WILL LOOK ORIGINATED FROM ONE SOURCE...PLZ COMMENT AND SUGGEST....

VIJAY KUMAR

amazing_v2k
Newly Registered

Post by amazing_v2k » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:44 am

I also have the same doubt. I will be showing different account for MF & previous earnings. I have put cash into my bank account for MF in multiples of Rs. 45000 totalling a sum of Rs. 275000. All these transactions were completed by 29 Sep 2008. I will be showing the statement for 3 months starting 01 Oct 2008 & ending 31 Dec 2008. Do I still need to show the proof for the source of funds? Note that the cash deposits will not be shown in the statement.

Thanks in advance !!!

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:34 pm

Hi Jedi!

Regards
T.
Yes PF = Provident Fund..you got that correctly. Now in my case I have not got any PF certificate from my previous employer and I do not have the stamped and signed salary slips from my previous employer for the period of 2 years. The amount is only 85 thousand however I am not sure whether it is considered a high amount transaction by BHC or not? I can surely provide contact information of PF office as well as HR of my previous employer.

Please suggest if I really need a proof for source of fund..if yes what couldd that possibly be? so that i can start my hunt for it right away.

Any suggestions or help would be highly appreciated.

Jedi001[/quote]

joys
Newly Registered

Post by joys » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:47 am

Hello,

I'm planning to apply for Tier1 Visa also this january 2009. I have a question regarding qualification points.

If I choose Bachelor Degree (Centre of Excellence) and the university from where I've got my degree is included in the list, does it mean I can have the points awarded then?

Many thanks

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:07 pm

i am planning to apply till 10th of january.
Might be neededing a few covering letters :)

oz_to_uk
Newly Registered

Post by oz_to_uk » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:05 pm

I am also in January list. Will be applying around 10th Jan.

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:27 am

@oz_to_uk: why do u wnat to move to UK? I have heard Oz has good IT market.

Just to confirm, for tier 1 general visa, i shud fill only two forms that is VAF9 and appendix related to it?

Also, pleAse tell me if the whol process goes in one step that is u submit all documents to BHC and u get visa or if it goes like this. U submit docs to BHC and then u get a letter. Which u send to get visa?

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:27 pm

are there people on this thread whose visa expires more than 28 days later and are still applying in Jan 09 ?

bhail256
Newly Registered

MY PROCESS

Post by bhail256 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:06 am

Documents on Hand before applying:

1. VAF 9
2. Appendix 1
3. Age - Passport
4. Qualification - Original Bachelor's Degree Certificate
5. English Language - Original Bachelor's Degree Certificate
6. Previous Earnings - 24 Salary Slips (2 companies) + 1 set of certified bank statements
7. Maintenance - 1 bank letter & 3 months claimed (14sept - 15dec)
8. Cover Letter
9. Points Calculator, OANDA Exchange rate Print out 2/Jan, Copies of all documents

Points Claimed: 90 + 10 + 10 (on points calculator)

Applied @ Colombo VFS - 5/Jan/2009

Will update whenever the status is out! I have used these forums quite alot in getting tips and the like. Truly appreciate!!!

Regards

mnarne
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by mnarne » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:50 am

Hi,
Applied @ VFS Bangalore :06/Jan/2009

Will update you the status

Thanks

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:37 am

Any one applying from Bangalore? I am planning to apply on Jan 16th or 19th.

Jedi001

harneet691

Applied in Jan 2009

Post by harneet691 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:04 am

Dear all,

I have applied for Tier 1 General Visa today itself, i.e on 09-01-2009..... Wish me Luck...

Cheers
Harneet

dchu515
Newly Registered

Already paid for application in October??

Post by dchu515 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm also applying for Tier 1 in January but I have a couple of unusual circumstances I am hoping one of you fine people could help me with.

1) I added funds to my bank account in Oct '08 in order to meet the MF requirement to apply in Jan. '09. However, before I did this, I had already completed the application form on the www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk site. That is, I paid the fees back in October so the printed Application for UK Entry Clearance form has a date on it of Oct. 14, 2008. Does anyone know if this will be a problem?

2) I unfortunately have to move apartments after my application is sent in. (ie. the address on the application won't be my current address while it is being approved). I was told that all I would have to do is to let Home Office know my new mailing address in my cover letter so that they can mail all the documents there instead. Is this ok, as far as anyone knows?

Thanks in advance for any help... Good luck to everyone!

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:20 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for tier1 application by end of this month.

I am having a doubt in my pervious earning section.
I planning to show my pay slips from January 2008 to Dec 2008, but in the month of December 2008 month no money is credited to my Indian salary because there was a due from the company and company is recovered the due from my December month salary. I am having the salary slip with all the details and it has mentioned the total earning was recovered towards the company Due and the net pay as 0.
In this case I can show the pervious earnings from Dec 2007 to Dec 2008 instead of showing from January 2008 to Dec 2008.

Please clarify the above point.

Regards
Kandasamy