ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Certificate exipry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

English Certificate exipry

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:40 pm

Hi All

I will be applying for my wife's British Citizenship soon. She has used the English B1 Certificate for her ILR application. My query is that, can we use an expired B1 certificate for Citizenship application if the same was used for ILR?

Thanks..

alterhase58
Germany

Re: English Certificate exipry

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:40 pm

If the B1 certificate was used in support of the ILR application then it can be used for naturalisation. You just select the appropriate box under English requirement.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:07 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:40 pm
If the B1 certificate was used in support of the ILR application then it can be used for naturalisation. You just select the appropriate box under English requirement.
Thank you for your response. Just want to reiterate, can it still be used if it has expired while submitting the citizenship application?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:17 am

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

Quote:
"You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK."

Settled = your ILR
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:13 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:17 am
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

Quote:
"You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK."

Settled = your ILR
Many thanks for precise response. Appreciate your help.