ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

proof of freelance work experience

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coal
Newly Registered

proof of freelance work experience

Post by coal » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:49 pm

I am preparing files for immigration as a skilled worker from the UK to Canada.
I have worked for the last 7 years as a self employed freelance editor for various UK companies. I do not always get a written contract and have worked frequently for short periods of time (some periods a short as 2 weeks)

Q1. Do I have to write to every single employer and get a letter of reference?

Q2. What happens if a company has gone out of business?

Q3. What if I don't have a contract issued at the time?

Q4. What period does past employment cover? Is it since age 18 or is it only for the period for when I have been working in NOC job I am claiming for?

I would appreciate anyhelp you can give me...thanks.

Quantum
Newly Registered

Post by Quantum » Tue May 10, 2005 11:52 pm

I've been a multifamily re-developer for 15 years, and so similarly cannot account for my whereabouts, other than the legal paper-trail.

I made up a Career Portfolio, styled after a diplomatic portfolio, which documents my education, work, projects, credit record, etc for my full working career. It's tabbed with the various phases of my 32 years of working life, has original documents, letters, transcripts, photos, and has explanation pages where called for.

It was alot of work, but it is a life record, and comes in handy when applying for jobs, loans, or residency.

But it's starting to look like Canada has a 24 month processing time. Maybe they're too full-up.

Has anyone considered Sweden?