ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CSI issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nickotout
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

CSI issue

Post by Nickotout » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:40 pm

Hello forum!

I am a non Eu applicant, and I along with my then wife had settled status since September 2019.( I previously had a residence card.)

My ex(eu) and I then went through a divorce in 2020

During our time previously, she was self employed, and I had CSI for parts where she didn’t (she had a EHIC for a while, and when this expired, she also bought CSI for herself. Where she didn’t do this, I got CSI for both of us.) For my part I’ve always been employed full time, but I don’t know if this matters.

I have CSI docs covering some time but not all, because when we split I didn’t get all the documents I should have asked her for, and this became further impossible in the pandemic. Now she is back in her country and I doubt she will bother helping me.

I am now confused as to should I apply for citizenship, or would I be met with a point blank refusal?

I know there is some discretion for csi, but would this extend to my case? I am being told to apply and write a cover letter explaining the missing CSI, but I am confused as to whether this would help.

Any suggestions, help would be really appreciated.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: CSI issue

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:40 am

If you were always working or self-employed you didn't need CSI - was only required for students or self-sufficient persons exercising treaty rights. Not sure why you think this is an issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Nickotout
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Nickotout » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:17 am

Many thanks for your reply, just to clarify, only my history would be checked and if I was employed, I am able to apply. My ex partners history does not matter. Is this correct?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:26 am

Nickotout wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:17 am
Many thanks for your reply, just to clarify, only my history would be checked and if I was employed, I am able to apply. My ex partners history does not matter. Is this correct?
You will declare anyway whether you were/are employed, as part of your application.
Note that during your biometrics appointment with UKVCAS they might still ask you whether you had/needed CSI and clearly you didn't. They are just ticking the box!
Your ex-partner's history is not relevant.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Nickotout
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Nickotout » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:33 am

Fantastic! Many thanks for your help.