ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa for wife (husband has ILR)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AjPS
Mood:
India

uk spouse visa for wife (husband has ILR)

Post by AjPS » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:43 am

Hi all,
I got engaged recently (while working remotely for a UK company and living in India) and we are planning to get married in early December this year.
Have looked at UK Family Visa (spouse visa: 33 months long): https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse rules. I have UK ILR since 2019 (but have been in India now since June 2020, so 14 months away).

If we apply for my wife's visa in mid-Dec. after indian wedding and court registration of marriage, then we need to upload these documents online (Ques1: unless I'm missing any??):
1) Wife - visa application form (online)
2) Wife - passport (scanned copy),
3) Wife - 2 passport size photos with your name signed at the base,
4) Wife - address information.

5) Wife - Your knowledge of English: Ques2 (correct or not?): Eccts (formerly called UK NARIC) "Visa and nationality statement" confirming that https://www.ecctis.com/visas%20and%20nationality/ (costs £140) or IELTS.
6) Wife - TB (tuberclosis) test certificate (costs approx. £25 here in India),
7) Wife - employed in India, add existing letter of employment from employer and self's bank statements (6 months) too as proof of self-savings?? (needed? Ques3)

8 ) Me (husband) - my passport and UK ILR brp (scanned copies),

9) Husband's UK address proof - a UK rental agreement and a No Objection Certificate from landlord confirming they are happy both to live as a couple in the accommodation (fyi, my current address had single tenancy agreement, but same estate agent have a new flat in same building being refurbished that will be ready in late Nov. with multi-tenancy couple agreement so I could wait (Ques4) till then and then take that new flat and pay rent+deposit in Nov. itself to have that as address proof for wife's visa???),

10) Husband's proof of work + financial evidences: can get a Letter from my employer in UK + my 6 months payslips (p.s. I earn £40k annually now but am set for a big increase in Nov as well if that helps my status as applicant) + 6 months bank statements (signed/ stamped by the branch, not printed online... again for this I may have to contact the bank to see if they can post these to me abroad; and will also need new Nov. address on these so maybe best to wait (Ques5) till then???),

11) Proof of relationship: this includes our Marriage certificate, detailed communication history (call logs, whatsapp chat history dated, all photos together and with family, trips made to see each other with booking emails, etc).

12) Pay the visa fee: £1500 (visa) + £1850 (NHS UK health surcharge) + £50 (biometric enrolment fee) + £140 (Eccts english statement) + £25 (TB test for wife) + maybe an optional £500 (for VFS Delhi "priority service" --- Ques6> does this ensure visa within 30 days in most cases??? as we don't want to wait and apply in Dec. and then I may need to return alone if she ends up waiting for many months for her visa???)

Also, I think it's best she waits till getting the visa Ques7: before quitting her Indian job and serving her 30day notice period.
So, approx. £3600-4100 total cost. Does it have to be paid from a single account (husband) or can the couple choose to split payment? What's best practice here for UK Home Office? (Ques8: also seeking personal advice: usually do couples split the costs or does applicant usually pay herself or is it advisable for husband to bear full cost??)

Advice on the current online VFSglobal visa process, applicant docs and current processing times (Ques9) would be great, thanks!

Hope with India now on amber list, things go quicker with visas too.

AjPS
Mood:
India

Re: uk spouse visa for wife (husband has ILR)

Post by AjPS » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:50 am

also. Ques10> if spouse visa takes months, should we instead get her a 3-6 month tourist visa (cheaper and faster?) to come and stay with me and then she can return and apply for this? Is that allowed?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:54 am

3) Wife - 2 passport size photos with your name signed at the base,
No name is needed to be signed.
7) Wife - employed in India, add existing letter of employment from employer and self's bank statements (6 months) too as proof of self-savings?? (needed? Ques3)

This is NOT required and irrelevant to a spouse visa application.
9) Husband's UK address proof - a UK rental agreement and a No Objection Certificate from landlord confirming they are happy both to live as a couple in the accommodation (fyi, my current address had single tenancy agreement, but same estate agent have a new flat in same building being refurbished that will be ready in late Nov. with multi-tenancy couple agreement so I could wait (Ques4) till then and then take that new flat and pay rent+deposit in Nov. itself to have that as address proof for wife's visa???),

You simply need accommodation and a no objection letter. The accommodation must not be overcrowded.
10) Husband's proof of work + financial evidences: can get a Letter from my employer in UK + my 6 months payslips (p.s. I earn £40k annually now but am set for a big increase in Nov as well if that helps my status as applicant) + 6 months bank statements (signed/ stamped by the branch, not printed online... again for this I may have to contact the bank to see if they can post these to me abroad; and will also need new Nov. address on these so maybe best to wait (Ques5) till then???),

Uploaded digital bank statements are accepted.
12) Pay the visa fee: £1500 (visa) + £1850 (NHS UK health surcharge) + £50 (biometric enrolment fee) + £140 (Eccts english statement) + £25 (TB test for wife) + maybe an optional £500 (for VFS Delhi "priority service" --- Ques6> does this ensure visa within 30 days in most cases??? as we don't want to wait and apply in Dec. and then I may need to return alone if she ends up waiting for many months for her visa???) Spouse visas from India can take up to 90 days, sometimes longer.

The systems only allows you to pay with one debit/credit card. You cannot use multiple cards to split the fees.

Advice on the current online VFSglobal visa process, applicant docs and current processing times (Ques9) would be great, thanks!
immigration-for-family-members/settleme ... 1-650.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:42 am

Thanks. Am wondering if it's best for me to return and change accommodation (as current one is a shared flat and my own single room is not that big) and then have it updated for my brp (change of address), bank etc. And then apply with same new address on all docs.

And bank (and for brp also) are unlikely to do change of address remotely for me

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:44 am

Also, any advice for q7 and q8. Thanks

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:31 pm

Any guidance would be great thanks