ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 and Second job outside the UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Faqasim
Jordan

Tier 2 and Second job outside the UK

Post by Faqasim » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:50 am

Hello Team,

I am currently employed and sponsored on Tier 2 visa. Living and working in the UK.

I am considering a second job outside the UK (back home), a job that won't overlap with my duties in my main job in the UK, and I will still be able to fulfil all my commitments in my main job.

I have read the guideline for second employment published by the government. But it doesn't mention any thing about working outside the UK.

Can you please advise if that's legally ok? And if I should be careful about anything regarding the matter?

mike_21
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 and Second job outside the UK

Post by mike_21 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:58 pm

Tier 2 visa has been replaced by the Skilled Worker (SW) visa.

Generally speaking, the new SW Visa gives you the right to work in the UK with a specific employer. It also gives you the right to undertake extra work in the UK provided certain criteria (same SOC, <= 20 hours per week etc) are met. What you do outside of UK, is up to you.

That said, you need to be mindful when declaring your personal income. You will certainly need to declare your second income, in both countries, and may subject to further taxation if applicable. In this aspect it is best that you speak to a tax consultant.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:44 pm

The conditions of your Tier 2/Skilled Worker visa are relevant to the job you do in the UK only. These conditions have nothing to do with any other job or income you can have outside the UK.

Faqasim
Jordan

Post by Faqasim » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:44 am

Thank you all.

1. So, I don't need to inform the home office of any second employment as it is taking place outside the UK, correct?

2. I have to report my income to HMRC, even though I am not a UK citizen, and the other job is outside the UK, and being taxed properly in the other country?

Best,

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:20 am

1. Correct.

2. No.