ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police registration after visa granted

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bamblue
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Police registration after visa granted

Post by bamblue » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:35 pm

Hi guys,

I received the decision email on 6 August from the Home Office for my Skilled Worker Visa application. The email says that 'You must register with the police within 7 days of receiving this notice'. This means that the 7-day deadline is 13 August.

Then I went to the Overseas Visitor Record Office (OVRO) website which indicates that I will need to bring my BRP card to the appointment. Since I am still waiting for the BRP to arrive, and it is very unlikely to secure an OVRO appointment in the next day, I don't think that I will be able to complete the registration by 13 August.

I am wondering how people deal with this? Can I book the OVRO appointment now without the BRP card?

Thanks in advance.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Police registration after visa granted

Post by ywlgy » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:28 pm

You are fine as long as you make an appointment within 7 days, it's not necessary to complete the whole process within 7 days.

I don't know how busy they are now. But very likely even if you request an appointment now you won't be seen in 2-3 weeks. By that time you will already receive your BRP. So no problem to book the appointment now.