ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for child born abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhishek_10
India

British passport for child born abroad

Post by abhishek_10 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:06 pm

Hello everyone

I hope you’re all doing well and are safe from this pandemic along with your families. I’m a naturalised British citizen now living in India with my wife who is an Indian citizen (she lived with me in UK for 2.5 years on a visa till 2019 when we both came back due to family reasons).

We’ve recently been blessed with a daughter born in India and are looking to apply for her British passport. I understand that this is a long process but would prefer this over the certificate to entitlement.

I’ve been reading documentation and in the process of filling the passport form for her and am trying to get some information on the counter signatory part. Can anyone who’s completed this process please tell me if the counter signatory in our case can be an Indian citizen living in India as we’ll be applying for the passport from India. I didn’t find much help on the British Gov’s website for applying from abroad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

abhishek_10
India

Re: British passport for child born abroad

Post by abhishek_10 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:09 pm

Apologies for asking again, but to those who have done the process successfully, can you please provide your feedback on the counter signatory section on child's 1st passport application from outside the UK.