ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guessaname
Newly Registered

Post by guessaname » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:20 am

Hi guys,

Want to share my happiness with u . I got my Irish naturalization approval letter today.

- Applied on Nov 15 2005 based on 5 years stay in Ireland
- Got a letter reqesting the marriage n birth affidivits in May 2008 and I sent them all in May 2008.
- Got an approval letter today (16 Oct 2008)

Cheers

immigrant123
Newly Registered

Post by immigrant123 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:58 am

Congrats- TIme to Party!!

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:54 pm

strongbow wrote:acknowledgement regarding what
Regarding the receipt of your application with reference number?

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:07 pm

Strongbow - I think the guys who applied in Aug/Sept 2005 i.e. who have sent their additional docs around April/May 08 have got approvals recently (leaving few exceptions). You could be very close.

Over 3 yrs wait is a f***ing long time. There is no harm sending them letter every 2-3 weeks asking for status update. I think the guys in Tiperrary are more efficient. Best of luck.

Do you have LTR?? May be the people who recd LTR got their application processed quicker.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:24 pm

@Aceform
yes I did receive an acknowledgement of my application with the ref. number

@Heybabyy
1. I could be or could not be--don't know. My logic is that if I was quite close they would have stated in response to the letter I sent them last week saying that you are only x weeks away from a decision---or maybe I am too naive in thinking that they would even have looked at my file once they received by letter inquiring the status.

2. Interestingly I had sent my letter of inquiry 2 weeks back to the Tipperary address. However it seems that it got routed back to Dublin and the letter I got earlier this week had the Dublin address on the letterhead.

3. yes, I do have LTR. But I don't think it speeds up or hampers naturalisationa application, but then this is a black hole in any case!!

[/quote]

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:46 pm

Guys, I am more and more convinced now that some of the cases stayed in Dublin with old team. The fact that Strongbow sent his letter to Tipp and reply came back from Dublin just proves it.

I think a number of cases (e.g. the rest of 2005) stayed behind in Dublin and our slow tea-drinking-break-taking Dublin team have to complete these cases before they'll be asked to either go home or move to another department).

If you worked happily and comfortably for the past few years in one place and are now told that once you finish X amount of work, your job will change or you'll have no job - would you hurry up to complete this X amount of work?

Possibly the cases from 2006 onwards are with the Tipp team who work using new systems (there was a press-release a while ago about INIS's contract with IBM for an integrated file management system that was due to be implemented in May 2008 - and it looks like it is working well), there are more staff, most of them must be newly hired, they know that the quicker they process cases, the faster 950 EUR cheques will fly to them.
Have you tried calling Citizenship Sections new Tipp number? I called twice on Tuesday. First time the call was answered after 3 minutes of waiting and second time a lady picked it up straight away!

To summarise - I think things will get much better for those who's cases are in Tipp and unfortunately the guys from the rest of 2005 will have to wait a bit longer...

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:04 pm

That's an interesting point sashasolar.
I thought that there was only one number for INIS. However when I looked up following your post there are 2 nos.
There's a no. given at the left hand side of the Home page which is the Dublin NO. 1890 551 500

On the citizenship page http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section there is the no. 1890 252 854

Yes I agree with your logic of some work transferred to Tipp and that these are being handled quicker than the other ones.
However there are still a few people who applied as early as May 2005 and who have still not received their decision whereas some who applied in Sep 2005 have got a decision--though both these are handled by Dublin or so we think.

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:10 pm

strongbow wrote:That's an interesting point sashasolar.
I thought that there was only one number for INIS. However when I looked up following your post there are 2 nos.
There's a no. given at the left hand side of the Home page which is the Dublin NO. 1890 551 500

On the citizenship page http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section there is the no. 1890 252 854

Yes I agree with your logic of some work transferred to Tipp and that these are being handled quicker than the other ones.
However there are still a few people who applied as early as May 2005 and who have still not received their decision whereas some who applied in Sep 2005 have got a decision--though both these are handled by Dublin or so we think.
:lol:
It's just a file with a Sep 2005 was on the top of the pile and May 2005 is lost behind the bookcase.
I'm joking of course, but who knows with these ppl...

The 1890 number is a virtual number. Which means it could be very easily linked to the Tipp number, so I wouldn't worry about this.
The only indication of two-office workstream they have are two different addresses quoted on their correspondence.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Marriage affidavit format

Post by strongbow » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:52 pm

Copy of Marriage affidavit for naturalisation application

Page 1 of 2 - http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.p ... 97a96a.jpg
Page 2 of 2 - http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.p ... f2610c.jpg

I took the copy after I filled in the details so I had to blank out any personal details, but I hope that this helps for those of you looking for a template.

greentea

Post by greentea » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:46 pm

I applied my LTR on 1 sept 06 and got approved in May 08. My citizenship application was made one year before my LTR application, as stupid me didn't know such a thing called LTR then.

By the way, I called court to make an appointment for declaration today. The next available one is 20 Jan 09. :shock: Not getting there yet.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:30 am

greentea wrote:
By the way, I called court to make an appointment for declaration today. The next available one is 20 Jan 09. :shock: Not getting there yet.
Congratulations to greentea and guessaname on your approvals.

I also heard that there's a very long queue for appointments in the district court. Can u go to any court or do u have to go to a specific court?

HOTSPURS

Naturalization

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:52 am

Congrats to Greentea, Guessaname !
There were a few in this message board who had travelled to west coast for taking the oath as they got an appointment rightaway.. Yes, it seems it can be done anywhere in the country.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:38 pm

sashasolar wrote:Guys, I am more and more convinced now that some of the cases stayed in Dublin with old team. The fact that Strongbow sent his letter to Tipp and reply came back from Dublin just proves it.

I think a number of cases (e.g. the rest of 2005) stayed behind in Dublin and our slow tea-drinking-break-taking Dublin team have to complete these cases before they'll be asked to either go home or move to another department).

If you worked happily and comfortably for the past few years in one place and are now told that once you finish X amount of work, your job will change or you'll have no job - would you hurry up to complete this X amount of work?

Possibly the cases from 2006 onwards are with the Tipp team who work using new systems (there was a press-release a while ago about INIS's contract with IBM for an integrated file management system that was due to be implemented in May 2008 - and it looks like it is working well), there are more staff, most of them must be newly hired, they know that the quicker they process cases, the faster 950 EUR cheques will fly to them.
Have you tried calling Citizenship Sections new Tipp number? I called twice on Tuesday. First time the call was answered after 3 minutes of waiting and second time a lady picked it up straight away!

To summarise - I think things will get much better for those who's cases are in Tipp and unfortunately the guys from the rest of 2005 will have to wait a bit longer...
Well, this interesting theory will be put in test in my case - just sent back requested documents to Tipperary (my letter came from there), so we'll see if it'll any faster than usual 6 months. I somehow doubt it!

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:47 pm

Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform when an application for residency and citizenship will conclude in the case of a person (details supplied) in County Kildare; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [35354/08]

Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform (Deputy Dermot Ahern): An application for a certificate of naturalisation from the person referred to in the Question was received in the Citizenship Section of my Department in July 2006. Processing of the file has been completed and I have reached a decision. The person in question will be informed of that decision in due course.
Of course, we don't know all details about this particular applicant. But still... we can see some progress!!! :)

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:08 pm

sashasolar wrote:
Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform when an application for residency and citizenship will conclude in the case of a person (details supplied) in County Kildare; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [35354/08]

Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform (Deputy Dermot Ahern): An application for a certificate of naturalisation from the person referred to in the Question was received in the Citizenship Section of my Department in July 2006. Processing of the file has been completed and I have reached a decision. The person in question will be informed of that decision in due course.
Of course, we don't know all details about this particular applicant. But still... we can see some progress!!! :)
I bet that he/she got a refusal, normally the MoJ answers with "I am pleased to inform..." when it's an approval. :cry:
Last edited by bloody foreigner on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:13 pm

Well, bad for the applicant. :(
But at least we know that he made a decision on something that was logged in July of 2006!
There could have been a criminal offence or something, because if this applicant had insufficient residence or documents, then his case would never have reached the Minister.
For those of us who have notinhg to fear it is a good news.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:17 pm

sashasolar wrote:Well, bad for the applicant. :(
But at least we know that he made a decision on something that was logged in July of 2006!
There could have been a criminal offence or something, because if this applicant had insufficient residence or documents, then his case would never have reached the Minister.
For those of us who have notinhg to fear it is a good news.
Well I don't know how true it is that they're processing July stuff. As said earlier I've applied in May 06 and was only asked for additional docs last week - will wait and see!

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:23 pm

Let me to annoy you with my "logic" a little bit more :D Well, it's a positive one!

The fact that an application reached the Minister (whatever his decision is) means that Citizenship Department have completed all necessary checks, i.e. processing of this case has finished and now it's up to the Minister to make a decision and sign the thing.

If you were a Minister, would you like receiving incomplete cases from INIS?

All this means that applications are at different processing stages by a number of people. One staff member can just process things quicker and another one not. You may get lucky and be one of those July 2006 applicants that reached the Minister already.

I have a strong feeling that your May 2006 application will be completed in a month or maximum two.

I was always negative and pessimistic about all this INIS stuff and what are they doing and how they are doing it. All information I'm receiving so far changed my mind

My November of 2006 will come soon! 8)

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:36 pm

I'd say it is a strong possibility, if it was a "No", that it made its way through the process, passing various checks, until it got to the check that it failed, then they threw it out.
Probably, the minister didn't actually see it, he only needs to see the ones that his staff think would pass, so he can sign them (or not).

Short time frame suggests it may have failed early.

So negative results are quicker.

Therefore, "No news is good news".

All pure conjecture, of course.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:48 pm

Does anyone know if an application is not approved whether a letter is sent by the DoJ to indicate that?
I still don't get it how people who applied as early as May 2005 have not received any decision.THe only logic I can think of is the split between Dublin and Tipperary.

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:32 pm

strongbow wrote:Does anyone know if an application is not approved whether a letter is sent by the DoJ to indicate that?
Yes, they send a rejection letter.
Apparently, they even tell you the reason why it was rejected.
They used to say that the minister had no obligation to disclose his reason - until the Information Commissioner told him otherwise!

So, again, no news is good news.

vassa
Newly Registered

help

Post by vassa » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:23 am

Hii. ok. this question could have been asked before and i spent already few hours trying to avoid asking an "alread answered question" but here I am
it is all about P21
i applied in may 2006 and just got the letter yesterday asking for p21 etc ...
I need to know if there is any way fast to get it.
the way that i am doin now is
1- register on PAYE website (takes more than 5 days to get the letter from them)
2- then log on and request the P21. another 5 days
so 2 weeks delays to reply to them
anyone could help please if there is any faster way to get a P21. can i just go collect it somewhere?
thanks a lot

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:32 am

Hi vassa,
Just go to your local tax office and ask for it.
Take your cheque book in case you owe them money.
They should be able to give it to you on the spot, unless there is something unusual about your tax situation.

vassa
Newly Registered

Post by vassa » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:00 pm

bloody foreigner wrote:Hi vassa,
Just go to your local tax office and ask for it.
Take your cheque book in case you owe them money.
They should be able to give it to you on the spot, unless there is something unusual about your tax situation.

Heybabyy

Re: help

Post by Heybabyy » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:42 pm

vassa wrote:Hii. ok. this question could have been asked before and i spent already few hours trying to avoid asking an "alread answered question" but here I am it is all about P21. i applied in may 2006
When exactly did you applied in May 06, I mean which week??

Do also keep your affidavits for birth/marriage (bank statements, payslips) ready because they may ask for those docs after 2-3 weeks and creating more delays.