ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC received from Chisinau, Moldova

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xindie
Newly Registered

EC received from Chisinau, Moldova

Post by xindie » Sat May 07, 2005 4:58 pm

Hi All

I and my wife successfully received our EC visas today from British Embassy, in Chisinau, Moldova.

Here are details:

---------------- HSMP letter ------------------------
Submission date: November 29, 2004
HSPM Team received my application on: December 1, 2004
Received positive decision letter: 15 February 2005
--------------------------------------------------------

---------------- ENTRY CLEARANCE ------------------
- applied for EC on April 15, 2005 (HSMP letter expiring on May 2 2005), find below the list of submitted documents. They kept ALL the documents submitted by us, including originals.
  • Cover letter
    VAF1 application form
    Passport + copy
    2 recent photos
    HSMP approval letter + copy
    Marriage Certificate + copy
    Accommodation letter from friend + copy
    Resume
    Letter from NARIC + copy
    Reference letters from present and previous employers + copies
    Bank statements for last 6 months
    Work-book + copy
    Proof of owning property + copy
- they called me after 2 weeks and invited me & my wife for an interview (May 3 2005)

- after waiting an hour at the embassy, they invited us and issued the visas without any interview. We've also got back our original documents.
--------------------------------------------------------

I'd be happy to answer your questions. The information found on this forum helped me a lot.

inxs
Newly Registered

Post by inxs » Wed May 11, 2005 9:34 am

hi xindie,
congratulations!
i am from moldova too, and we are applying these days for the hsmp. any advise is appreciated a lot.
I have several questions:
did you pay for your application or just used the exemption provision?
how did you send your documents?
how many points did you claim?
what proves did you send?
where did you translate your documents?
anything else we need to consider?

thanks.

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Wed May 11, 2005 10:25 am

Did you really have to provide all these documents? For example, why did you need references and proof of property? You are immigrating to the UK, so you dont need to prove that you have things back home that will make you come back. So, my question is: did you provide so many documents because they were required or did you just want to cover your back (as the Russians say, запас в жопу не е**т)?

xindie
Newly Registered

Post by xindie » Wed May 11, 2005 10:31 am

hi inxs

here are the answers:
>did you pay for your application or just used the exemption provision?
exempt, citizens of Moldova don't pay application fee

>how did you send your documents?
I've asked my friend who lives in London to deliver them. He sent them using regular post. You can send your documents through UPS or DHL, even EMS Moldova, I think it will be ok.

>how many points did you claim?
I claimed 90 points, find the details here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=#15292

>what proves did you send?
Sent a lot of documents, basically all that are requested as in HSMP Guidelines, including copies of all diplomas, letters of reference from previous/current employers etc etc

>here did you translate your documents?
I am sure you can find a lot of translating offices in Chisinau. Almost all Notary Offices usually also provide translating services. They may refuse the translation/notorisation of some documents, eg. telephone/gas/other bills and contracts, so make sure you clearly explain them that you need the notorisation of the translation and not the notorisation of the contracts.

>anything else we need to consider?
Yes, attention to details and try to follow HSMP's guidelines. Don't send copies of workbooks, but letters of reference from employers.

Any other questions?

inxs
Newly Registered

Post by inxs » Wed May 11, 2005 10:37 am

have you taken the ielts test?

xindie
Newly Registered

Post by xindie » Wed May 11, 2005 10:47 am

Kotiara wrote:Did you really have to provide all these documents? For example, why did you need references and proof of property? You are immigrating to the UK, so you dont need to prove that you have things back home that will make you come back. So, my question is: did you provide so many documents because they were required or did you just want to cover your back ?
You're partially right, but the rules at the embassy state that you have to provide all these documents. In my case, I included the proof of property as a proof of funds, since I am going to sell it. Letters of reference from employers will make you more credible, in my opinion. Please remember that HSMP approval letter is just the first step, EC follows that also has to be approached carefully.
(as the Russians say, запас в жопу не е**т)
Yes, Russian is a rather rich language
Last edited by xindie on Wed May 11, 2005 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xindie
Newly Registered

Post by xindie » Wed May 11, 2005 11:09 am

inxs wrote:have you taken the ielts test?
No, I showed them a certificate from a English language school where I studied for a couple of years.