ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents sent to HMPO have not been received yet!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

questionguy65
United Kingdom

Documents sent to HMPO have not been received yet!

Post by questionguy65 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:30 pm

Hi,

I have sent my documents to HMPO Bootle on 31/07/2021 via Signed for 1st delivery and as of yet, I have not received any emails from HMPO confirming the receipt of my documents.

Unfortunately I made a mistake and did not go for a trackable service. Nonetheless, when I check the barcode of my parcel on RoyalMail website, it says (We've got it) meaning it has not been signed by the HMPO yet, which worries me a lot.

I contacted RoyalMail and been told that this is normal as HMPO goes through thousands of parcels in bulks and process them in order. Since it has been 9 days, should I be worried? Is it really normal? When I check the timeline for passport applications on immigrationboards_com, I do not see any delay of such magnitude.

Please advise.

Best regards

iceman809
Taiwan

Re: Documents sent to HMPO have not been received yet!

Post by iceman809 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:07 pm

Your situation is almost exactly the same as mine. I used "Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm", but I waited for a week. I think 99% of your parcels are in the Jubilee Mail Center. "We've got it" means that the post office has not been delivered yet. Therefore, there is no state change in HMPO at all. There is no other way but to wait. I know how you feel.

devjohri
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by devjohri » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:08 pm

I sent my document on 23rd using next day special delivery. I got an acknowledgement by HMPO Bootle on 28th. I tracked my delivery and it took the HMPO about 50 hours between signing the delivery and acknowledging the receipt of documents. It seems like its getting even longer now.

In your case, Royal mail saying 'We have got it' is quite concerning. When you spoke with them, did they run any checks to confirm to you that parcel has been delivered? or was it a generic call about HMPO?

questionguy65
United Kingdom

Post by questionguy65 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:22 pm

devjohri wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:08 pm
I sent my document on 23rd using next day special delivery. I got an acknowledgement by HMPO Bootle on 28th. I tracked my delivery and it took the HMPO about 50 hours between signing the delivery and acknowledging the receipt of documents. It seems like its getting even longer now.
posting.php?mode=quote&f=42&p=2025648
In your case, Royal mail saying 'We have got it' is quite concerning. When you spoke with them, did they run any checks to confirm to you that parcel has been delivered? or was it a generic call about HMPO?
When I contacted RoyalMail, they checked my barcode and said its destination is HMPO and it is understood. They take their time. RoyalMail also mentioned that the last place your parcel went was "mailing centre" or "mailing office" I don't remember the exact term.

I get these, but when I check the passport processing time thread, most of the deliveries are acknowledged by HMPO within couple of days.

questionguy65
United Kingdom

Post by questionguy65 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:25 pm

iceman809 wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:07 pm
Your situation is almost exactly the same as mine. I used "Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm", but I waited for a week. I think 99% of your parcels are in the Jubilee Mail Center. "We've got it" means that the post office has not been delivered yet. Therefore, there is no state change in HMPO at all. There is no other way but to wait. I know how you feel.
Thanks for your reply. Could you please tell me the exact time? How many days in total from sending it to HMPO acknowldgement?

iceman809
Taiwan

Post by iceman809 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:35 pm

01/08 send, 06/08 signing the delivered, 09/08 HMPO confirmed received. If it shows "We've got it", the affirmative answer is not delivered HMPO