ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Taking a year break from UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Krish19
Mood:
India

Taking a year break from UK

Post by Krish19 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:24 pm

Guys,

Have a question, we are due for Flr m extension, how ever if we chose to ignore now and leave country before expiry and after 6 months or more reapply if we decided to do, what is the consequence of doing this?

Obviously I know one thing is for irl clock gets reset. Are there any other?

What if one partner still in uk during that time?

Was wondering will we face problems later to apply?

Of course I'm aware that we will need to satisfy financial requirements....

muffinman
Mood:
Australia

Re: Taking a year break from UK

Post by muffinman » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:25 am

For both my FLR(m) and recently granted ILR(m) I spent more than 50% of my time outside the UK for work and vacation. I just explained in my cover letter that my work requires a lot of travel and put exactly all my travel dates outside the UK into my application where it asks.

However, my partner was with me abroad on almost all of these trips so I made it clear that we remained together as a family unit even when outside the UK. If you are separated for a year I imagine that might be an issue unless you can prove you are still a strong family unit.