ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cat A Salaried or non Salaried? Confused!Help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Spouse visa extension help!

Post by Jedai Prince » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:20 pm

Hi Everyone, hope you all are doing well. First of all I can’t thank enough to everyone here who have helped and given me advice on my first spouse visa application🙏 May the almighty give you all happiness and prosperity. I am going to extend my spouse visa next month and would once again need your advices on the following.

1. Financial requirements
I am sending 6 months payslips. I am going to print them from online work portal as employer won’t stamp them. Please advice if these will be acceptable for Application?

I am proving six month bank statements and an employer letter confirming employment. I am on a hourly wage with 40hr minimum work contract. Will Home office count me as non salaried and average my wages or will they pick the lowest monthly pay and average it to calculate my annual salary?

2. Proof of living together

My spouse received visa for 33 months. But I will be only providing documents for the latest 2 years before application . Please advice if they would be sufficient for application? My wife don’t work as we have a baby so she doesn’t have many documents on her name.

August2019- Joint barclays account statement
September2019- Argos card statement from me
October 2019- voter registration letter from Spouse
November2019-NHS letter from spouse
December2019- joint Metro bank statement
—————————————————————
January2020- Argos card statement from me
February2020-Metro bank joint statement
March2020- Barclays Bank joint statement
April2020-Employment letter from work for me
May2020 -Nhs letter from spouse
June2020-EE mobile bill statement from me
July2020- Argos card statement from me
August2020- Metro bank Joint statement
September2020- Barclaycard statement from me
October2020-Barclays bank joint statement
November2020-Pension letter for me
December 2020- Council tax letter joint
———————————————————-
January2021-EE bill statement from me
February2021- Voting registration letter for spouse
March2021-Thames water bill joint and council tax letter joint
April2021-Nhs letter from spouse
May2021- Barclaycard statement from me
June2021- Barclays Bank joint statement
July2021-Argos card statement from me
August2021- Metro bank joint statement

3. Accommodations

Tenancy agreement from letting agent. I rent a one bedroom flat and live with wife and baby.I got the agreement last November 2020 for six month. But the agreement says tenancy will continue unless I or landlord wants to discontinue. Will this be sufficient or should I get an updated letter confirming tenancy from letting agent? Do I need a property overcrowding inspection report?

4. Other documents

A2 English test
My British passport
Baby’s British passport and birth certificate
Spouse full passport pages and brp card
Marriage certificate

5.Public funds concerns

I claim universal credit. My wife got universal credit claim rejected. I am claiming on my own right and my child’s right. We don’t get anything extra due to my wife’s presence.

I also claim child benefit in my name and had claimed sure start Materntiy grant when my baby was born in my name but had to prove details of my wife aswell on the form.

Lastly one very important question. My wife got free eye test and partly free prescription glasses from specsavers funded by NHS because of me claiming universal credit.

Is this public funded? Will this cause problems in getting her visa extended? Please help me.

I once again thank you all for all the help. Waiting for your advices.

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Re: Spouse visa extension help!

Post by Jedai Prince » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:03 am

Anyone?

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Spouse visa questions

Post by Jedai Prince » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:00 am

Hi, hope you all are doing good, I have few questions,

1. i get paid hourly with a contract of minimum of 40 hours per week, but I work more hours that that and my wages vary from month to month. And because of this my employer is unable to provide annual gross salary on my employment letter. Will it be ok if I submit this letter along with 6 months of payslips and bank statements.
Will it also be ok if payslips are printed from online portal and sent unstamped?

2. My spouse don’t work, but we have joint bank statements, council and joint water bills. My spouse doesn’t pay anything, I pay all bills. On the online application for spouse visa extension I will be submitting these documents as proof of living together. But there is a question which asks if bills are shared or not ? What should my answer be to that question?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa questions

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:05 pm

Jedai Prince wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:00 am
Hi, hope you all are doing good, I have few questions,

1. i get paid hourly with a contract of minimum of 40 hours per week, but I work more hours that that and my wages vary from month to month. And because of this my employer is unable to provide annual gross salary on my employment letter. Will it be ok if I submit this letter along with 6 months of payslips and bank statements.
Will it also be ok if payslips are printed from online portal and sent unstamped? Yes

2. My spouse don’t work, but we have joint bank statements, council and joint water bills. My spouse doesn’t pay anything, I pay all bills. On the online application for spouse visa extension I will be submitting these documents as proof of living together. But there is a question which asks if bills are shared or not ? What should my answer be to that question? State the truth that your spouse is the homemaker and you take care of bills, its not peculiar.

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Re: Spouse visa questions

Post by Jedai Prince » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:31 pm

This is a question on the spouse visa extension form online (flrm) It asks if you or your partners takes public funds? I take UC and child benefit but my spouse on visa doesn’t . Should I mention them and will I also be required to submit evidence. If so what evidence and how many? Thanks

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Cat A Salaried or non Salaried? Confused!Help!

Post by Jedai Prince » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:55 pm

Hi all, I have a question.

CAT A- Salaried or Non salaried?!

My wife is applying for FLR(M) in a couple of days and I’m unsure if I fall under CAT-A salaried or non salaried.

I get paid £10 an hour for a minimum of 40 hours a week however I also work extra hours a week overtime so I meet the financial requirement. I have been employed at the same job since 2019.

I read that if you are contracted to a minimum number of working hours then you count as salaried, however I am paid at an hourly rate so I’m getting confused.

Thank you for any answers!😊

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Cat A Salaried or non Salaried? Confused!Help!

Post by manci » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:07 pm

Jedai Prince wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:55 pm
I’m getting confused
read p19, it is all explained there:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jedai Prince » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:05 pm

Hi, Thanks, I have read it already but it’s still confusing. I want someone to clarify if a job with minimum contracted hours fall into salaried category.

I get paid hourly which means it is non salaried. But I also have minimum of 40 hour contract. I would like to be clear if this is considered non salaried aswell or not.

Thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:18 pm

Jedai Prince wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:55 pm
Hi all, I have a question.

CAT A- Salaried or Non salaried?!

My wife is applying for FLR(M) in a couple of days and I’m unsure if I fall under CAT-A salaried or non salaried.

I get paid £10 an hour for a minimum of 40 hours a week however I also work extra hours a week overtime so I meet the financial requirement. I have been employed at the same job since 2019.

I read that if you are contracted to a minimum number of working hours then you count as salaried, however I am paid at an hourly rate so I’m getting confused.

Thank you for any answers!😊
Salaried is where you have a fixed annual salary so irrespective hours you work, you will be paid the same amount while un salaried is where you are paid according to work you have carried out. Do you have a fixed annual salary?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jedai Prince » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:48 pm

All my payslips show different figures. Some months I work more hours than other months. I guess I am non salaried even if I have a 40 hour minimum contract. Payslip don’t mention overtime etc. Extra hours are added together with regular hours on payslip.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:08 pm

Jedai Prince wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:48 pm
All my payslips show different figures. Some months I work more hours than other months. I guess I am non salaried even if I have a 40 hour minimum contract. Payslip don’t mention overtime etc. Extra hours are added together with regular hours on payslip.
I believe you are non salaried, add last 6 months wages together divide by 6 x 12. Use the amount you got towards meeting the requirement.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension help!

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:37 pm

Jedai Prince wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:20 pm
Hi Everyone, hope you all are doing well. First of all I can’t thank enough to everyone here who have helped and given me advice on my first spouse visa application🙏 May the almighty give you all happiness and prosperity. I am going to extend my spouse visa next month and would once again need your advices on the following.

1. Financial requirements
I am sending 6 months payslips. I am going to print them from online work portal as employer won’t stamp them. Please advice if these will be acceptable for Application? Yes

I am proving six month bank statements and an employer letter confirming employment. I am on a hourly wage with 40hr minimum work contract. Will Home office count me as non salaried and average my wages or will they pick the lowest monthly pay and average it to calculate my annual salary?

2. Proof of living together

My spouse received visa for 33 months. But I will be only providing documents for the latest 2 years before application . Please advice if they would be sufficient for application? My wife don’t work as we have a baby so she doesn’t have many documents on her name.

August2019- Joint barclays account statement
September2019- Argos card statement from me
October 2019- voter registration letter from Spouse
November2019-NHS letter from spouse
December2019- joint Metro bank statement
—————————————————————
January2020- Argos card statement from me
February2020-Metro bank joint statement
March2020- Barclays Bank joint statement
April2020-Employment letter from work for me
May2020 -Nhs letter from spouse
June2020-EE mobile bill statement from me
July2020- Argos card statement from me
August2020- Metro bank Joint statement
September2020- Barclaycard statement from me
October2020-Barclays bank joint statement
November2020-Pension letter for me
December 2020- Council tax letter joint
———————————————————-
January2021-EE bill statement from me
February2021- Voting registration letter for spouse
March2021-Thames water bill joint and council tax letter joint
April2021-Nhs letter from spouse
May2021- Barclaycard statement from me
June2021- Barclays Bank joint statement
July2021-Argos card statement from me
August2021- Metro bank joint statement

3. Accommodations

Tenancy agreement from letting agent. I rent a one bedroom flat and live with wife and baby.I got the agreement last November 2020 for six month. But the agreement says tenancy will continue unless I or landlord wants to discontinue. Will this be sufficient YES or should I get an updated letter confirming tenancy from letting agent? Do I need a property overcrowding inspection report? No

4. Other documents

A2 English test
My British passport
Baby’s British passport and birth certificate
Spouse full passport pages and brp card
Marriage certificate

5.Public funds concerns

I claim universal credit. My wife got universal credit claim rejected. I am claiming on my own right and my child’s right. We don’t get anything extra due to my wife’s presence.

I also claim child benefit in my name and had claimed sure start Materntiy grant when my baby was born in my name but had to prove details of my wife aswell on the form.

Lastly one very important question. My wife got free eye test and partly free prescription glasses from specsavers funded by NHS because of me claiming universal credit.

Is this public funded? Will this cause problems in getting her visa extended? Please help me.

I once again thank you all for all the help. Waiting for your advices.
The proof of living together is not to be shown monthly its 6 in both names or 12 if individually named covering last 2years and spread 3-4 months apart.

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jedai Prince » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:41 pm

Thank you , payslips will be :

March £1200
April £2100
May £1900
June £1700
July £1600
August £1710

Total= £10210/6=£1701*12= £20412 yearly on average as non salaried employment.

I was worried about March payslip showing low payment of £1200. If I was salaried then lowest is taken and multiplied 12 which is £1200*12=£14400 yearly. Which would definitely result in a refusal.

But fortunately you clarified my
Doubts as a non salaried employee so I am safe as all payslips figures will be averaged instead.

Thank you 🙏