ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving house - impact on Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vijayswami
India

Documents for Naturalization and British Passport

Post by vijayswami » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:13 pm

Hi Team

Hope everyone are doing good.

Tried to gone thru most of the posts and apologise if these queries have been answered early.

I received ILR on 5th of Aug 2020. However, 5 years before, I was in India due to holidays and returned back to UK on 10th of Aug 2016. Hence will apply for Naturalization on 10th of Aug 2021.

However in terms of documents, other than 2 witness signatures, whether I need to provide any other documents other than my passport and ILR visa pls?

Also, after obtaining the naturalisation and apply for British passport, what are the documents I need to submit pls? Whether my "original birth certificate" is required pls? As, I dont have my original birth certificate here in UK and even in India, the birth certificate has been written in native language (not in english)

Can you please help in addressing the above queries. Thanks a lot in advance..

Thanks
Vijay

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Documents for Naturalization and British Passport

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:47 pm

Naturalisation - your passport and ILR card are sufficient for residency - no other documents required for residency.
Passport - All that is required is the naturalisation certificate and current and any uncancelled passports. Birth certificate is not required. Your claim to British citizenship is based on naturalisation.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vijayswami
India

Post by vijayswami » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:06 pm

Thanks a lot for your response. As part of naturalization, whether I should upload passport copies? Also in 2 months time, I am moving my house to a different council, whether I can submit the application on 11th of aug based on the current address where I reside or I need to wait for 2 months, until I move to the new address pls? If I submit based on current address, for the ceremony, can I change my address pls? If it is complicated, then I need to wait for 2 months to submit the application based on new address

vijayswami
India

2 Referees for Naturalisation

Post by vijayswami » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:20 am

Good Morning Team,

can you pls advise who the 2 referees needs to be for processing the Naturalisation? (have looked into Guide AN Naturalisation booklet, but there are no information about who the 2 referees needs to be, unless I have missed to read it properly(apologise))

Similarly, pls advise who the 2 referees needs to be for child (9 years old), who is currently holding ILR

Thanks
Vijay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:27 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... y-guidance

Page 24 in the document in the link above.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vijayswami
India

Post by vijayswami » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:30 am

Thanks a lot for your response

vijayswami
India

Moving the house - impact - Naturalisation application

Post by vijayswami » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:50 pm

Hi Team

In 2 months time, I am moving my house to a different council, whether I can submit the naturalisation application on 11th of aug based on the current address where I reside or I need to wait for 2 months, until I move to the new address pls? If I submit based on current address, for the ceremony, can I change my address pls? If it is complicated, then I need to wait for 2 months to submit the application based on new address

With regards to the documents I need to submit: Passport copy, ILR copy, 2 referees signatures. Is there any other document (related to council /bank statement, address proof etc. Though one of the response i have received previously with regards to documents upload - states as passport copy and ILR copy.. just got worried if I move house, whether it will impact)

Thanks in advance for your response

Thanks
Vijay

vijayswami
India

Moving the house - impact - naturalisation application

Post by vijayswami » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:32 am

Hi Team

Sorry to bother you.. any help pls for the below query?

Thanks
Vijay

vijayswami
India

Moving house - impact on Naturalisation application

Post by vijayswami » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:36 pm

Hi Team

(Apologise if i need to continue on the existing thread or it has to be a new topic)

In 2 months time, I am moving my house to a different council, whether I can submit the naturalisation application today (11th of Aug) based on the current address where I reside, as I am eligible to apply Naturalisation or I need to wait for 2 months, until I move to the new address pls? If I submit based on current address, for the ceremony, can I change my address pls? If it is complicated, then I need to wait for 2 months to submit the application based on new address

With regards to the documents I need to submit: Passport copy, ILR copy, 2 referees signatures. Is there any other document (related to council /bank statement, address proof etc. Though one of the response i have received previously with regards to documents upload - states as passport copy and ILR copy.. just got worried if I move house, whether it will impact)

Thanks in advance for your response
Thanks
Vijay

vijayswami
India

Re: Moving house - impact on Naturalisation application

Post by vijayswami » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:55 pm

Hi Team

Apologise, any help pls for the below query, since I am not sure, whether there would be any complication, if i apply now and in couple of months moving my house to another council... pls advise, whether I need to re-submit any of my proofs..

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:48 pm

Personally I would wait the extra couple of months to avoid any issues with address change.
For residency purposes your passport and ILR are sufficient - no proof of specific addresses or work or earnings required.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vijayswami
India

Post by vijayswami » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:54 pm

Thanks a lot for your advise. Will kick off the process, once I sign the contracts.