ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdraw and re-apply for priority application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CosmosS
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Withdraw and re-apply for priority application

Post by CosmosS » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:45 am

Hello,
I have started a job in a hospital about a week ago after making an application for a health and care visa. Due to covid and pressures, we basically don't have to wait for the BRPs to be issued before starting. A CoS and proof of visa application is enough to start/establish right to work. I have been on tier 2s in the UK for about 4.5 years now.

Now I realized I need to travel in a month and I only made a standard visa application. Can I withdraw that and apply for priority?

My leave from my previous employer expires in 2 weeks so I am thinking can I withdraw my current application for this new job that I'm currently doing and reapply at the same instance for a priority one. My old BRP still has valid time on it from when it was meant to be curtailed (my previous employment only ended 2 weeks ago) and it has 2 weeks left on it so I feel like I technically have the right to make another visa application while not worrying about illegally staying because of withdrawing my current app.

Is it a risky move? The only thing that complicates it is the fact that I have already started with this new job that I plan to withdraw the visa application for in order to make a priority one for this same job.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Withdraw and re-apply for priority application

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:55 am

Have you already enrolled biometrics?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CosmosS
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CosmosS » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:32 am

I haven't actually yet. I have not even booked the appointment yet. It's just the skilled worker online application.

CosmosS
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CosmosS » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:37 pm

Bump.

I would be very grateful for some advice. Thank you.

CosmosS
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CosmosS » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:05 pm

Bump