ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Few queries . Just submitted

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shin25

Naturalisation - Few queries . Just submitted

Post by shin25 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:56 am

Hello Gurus,

I have just submitted my wifes Citizenship application today and was wondering over a few queries. Please if we can answer them?

Background - I got my citizenship in 2014 through Tier1/PBS/ILR 5 year route and my wife had come in as PBS dependant and got ILR though 5 year route in 2019.

1) Will her application be considered as married to British citizen or 5 year ILR route? As when she applied for ILR it was through the 5 year route and not as family member of british citizen (i.e. not 3 year route) Not sure if there is a distinction to it as she had filled the SET O form.

2) What is the first day period of application reaches home office? The day I applied (i.e. today) or the day I have my Biometric and Document submission i.e. 2 weeks from now? Just to ascertain the first day in country period.

3) She had already proved the English language during her ILR (2019), should I need to submit the same documents again ? NARIC and Degree certificate? as her ILR was after 2013?

4) 5 year residency period proof - when I was submitting the application I could see the following .
Passport stamped is sufficient if it shows entry /exit dates? Does that suffice ? Little confused when I read other topics here that it changes when you are a spouse of a british citizen i.e. stamps may not be considered ( or will they be considered if its stamped)?

kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation - Few queries . Just submitted

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:25 pm

1) Will her application be considered as married to British citizen or 5 year ILR route? As when she applied for ILR it was through the 5 year route and not as family member of british citizen (i.e. not 3 year route) Not sure if there is a distinction to it as she had filled the SET O form.

It makes no difference what immigration route she too. She will likely be considered as the spouse of a BC based on 3 years residence.
2) What is the first day period of application reaches home office? The day I applied (i.e. today) or the day I have my Biometric and Document submission i.e. 2 weeks from now? Just to ascertain the first day in country period.
The date of application is the date you submit and pay online.
3) She had already proved the English language during her ILR (2019), should I need to submit the same documents again ? NARIC and Degree certificate? as her ILR was after 2013?
Yes, just to avoid delays and a refusal. Plus LIUK test too.
4) 5 year residency period proof - when I was submitting the application I could see the following .
Passport stamped is sufficient if it shows entry /exit dates? Does that suffice ? Little confused when I read other topics here that it changes when you are a spouse of a british citizen i.e. stamps may not be considered ( or will they be considered if its stamped)?
Passport with stamped pages only. Whatever you have read you have likely misinterpreted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shin25

Post by shin25 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:25 pm
Hi CR001,

Thanks very much for a quick reply, much appreciated.
couple of comments below , please

It makes no difference what immigration route she too. She will likely be considered as the spouse of a BC based on 3 years residence.

<Shin> Thanks again but in the application
Are you either:
An EEA or Swiss national A family member of an EEA or Swiss national
We have mentioned as NO but in the later part obviously have put in my name as British Citizen. I believed that we are applying based on her own accord rather than a spouse of British Citizen
I hope that is fine ?
The date of application is the date you submit and pay online.
<Shin> Thanks again for confirming. Incidentally we are just fine with the 3 year period. :)
Yes, just to avoid delays and a refusal. Plus LIUK test too.
<Shin> Will do Statement of Compariblity/ English Language assesment (meets requirement of CEFR C1) and LIUK, Degree certificate
Passport with stamped pages only. Whatever you have read you have likely misinterpreted.
Apologies but on the other thread it was mentioned that if you are a spouse of British citizen, entry and exits do not get stamped and hence they do not consider this. In wife's case she has all her stamps (travelled from India) and we didnt leave the country for other European countries. I guess that should be okay? or do I need to dig up my old council bills etc?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:53 pm

Are you either:
We have mentioned as NO but in the later part obviously have put in my name as British Citizen. I believed that we are applying based on her own accord rather than a spouse of British Citizen
I hope that is fine ?
For the purpose of the application, you are NOT considered an EU citizen, so the answer would be NO. UKVI know the rules and if married to a BC, she will be considered under Section 6(2) spouse of BC.
Apologies but on the other thread it was mentioned that if you are a spouse of British citizen, entry and exits do not get stamped and hence they do not consider this. In wife's case she has all her stamps (travelled from India) and we didnt leave the country for other European countries. I guess that should be okay? or do I need to dig up my old council bills etc?
If you are going to quote another link or topic, usually useful to post the link. You are likely misunderstanding the full context of whatever was posted, ie. the person was NOT on a spouse visa, but on an EEA Residence Card issued under the EU Regulations, which means their passports do NOT get stamped.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shin25

Post by shin25 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:17 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:53 pm
Are you either:
I hope that is fine ?
For the purpose of the application, you are NOT considered an EU citizen, so the answer would be NO. UKVI know the rules and if married to a BC, she will be considered under Section 6(2) spouse of BC.
If you are going to quote another link or topic, usually useful to post the link. You are likely misunderstanding the full context of whatever was posted, ie. the person was NOT on a spouse visa, but on an EEA Residence Card issued under the EU Regulations, which means their passports do NOT get stamped.
Thanks very much CR001, really appreciate it for your quick answers.