ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 BRP Cards

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moal11
United Kingdom

2 BRP Cards

Post by moal11 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:36 pm

Dear All,
Just couple of question, we have received a second BRP card for my wife, surprisingly. The first one we have received it was from 40 days and today we have got the second one. We still don’t know why, as the first one has no problems at all. I have contacted them immediately but they told us the second one is the valid and they have cancelled the first. They have not give any reason. I have submitted a complaint for that. However, my questions here, does it mean that we have lost these 40 days or I can still apply for her naturalisation from the date of the first one? Also, is there any clue why they have done that?

Many thanks…

Regards,
Moal

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 2 BRP Cards

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:07 am

Naturalisation eligibility is based on the date of settled status approval NOT the issue date of the BRP. I suggest to apply for SAR to see when her application was actually approved
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

moal11
United Kingdom

Post by moal11 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:28 pm

Dear Zimba,
Thanks for your reply. I have noticed that there are 3 types of requests; basic, specific and detailed. So, which one do you think is suitable?

Many thanks…

Regards,
Moal

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:54 pm

Basic should be enough
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

moal11
United Kingdom

Post by moal11 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:15 pm

Great thanks Zimba…

Regards,
Moal