ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying ILR for 18/19 yo dependant child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aws2
Newly Registered
India

applying ILR for 18/19 yo dependant child

Post by aws2 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:31 am

I am on a 3 year Tier 2 general visa since November 2019 valid until November 2022, husband and 16 year old daughter (dec 2004 born) are on Tier 2 dependant visa. My daughter studied in India and has been visiting us for 3 months every year so far. Now I have brought her here to study A levels in UK.
Below are my questions, hope someone could answer them kindly:

1. When I renew the visa in 2022, would it be skilled worker visa and can I apply for it for 3 more years till 2025?

2. When I apply for a dependent visa for my daughter when I renew my T2/Skilled worked visa in 2024, will she get it until the date my visa will be valid?

3. We were in India for 14 months from Mar 2020-Jun 2021 due to covid, I was critically ill along with my parents due to covid, a couple of months after my husband also got covid and family circumstances didnt let us come back. We were paying rent, council tax and utilities for the whole period we were in India and still employed with the same employer.
Can I apply for ILR application in 2024? will it be approved or get rejected due to non compliance to the continuous residency requirements

4. When I apply for ILR, will my daughter be eligible to apply along with me even though she may not have the continuous residency (period of absence in any 12 month period will be more than 180 days until March 2021)

4. Will my daughter be able to apply for universities in 2024 on the dependent visa holder as a home student if she lived in UK for 3 years until 2024?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: applying ILR for 18/19 yo dependant child

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:23 am

1. Yes https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/extend-your-visa
2. Yes
3. Discretion can only be exercised by the UKVI. There is no certainty
4. Children do NOT have a continuous residence requirement. Non-UK born children settle when both parents are settled.
5. She can study on a dependant visa BUT will pay international fees. To be a home student she must hold ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

aws2
Newly Registered
India

Re: applying ILR for 18/19 yo dependant child

Post by aws2 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:22 pm

Thank you very much