ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After 5 years refugee status?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nihad
Mood:
Iraq

After 5 years refugee status?

Post by nihad » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:41 am

Hi all

My 5 years refugee status due to expire soon including my blue travel document

I know l have to apply for ilr but which travel document do l have to apply for ?

Thanks

glas195
United Kingdom

Re: After 5 years refugee status?

Post by glas195 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:43 pm

Just apply for a new passport, they ask for the old one but they will give it back once the application is done.

nihad
Mood:
Iraq

Post by nihad » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:26 pm

But l don’t have a passport

I have Blue refugee travel document

glas195
United Kingdom

Post by glas195 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:31 am

yes, that is a 'passport' too

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:54 pm

glas195 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:31 am
The OP is being more precise in his terminology.

Passports are a form/subset of travel documents. All (external) passport are travel documents, but not all travel documents are passports.

Generally, passports are travel documents that are issued only to the nationals of the issuing country, though some countries (in the Baltics) issue non-citizen passports to long-term residents dating from their residence in the then-Soviet Union.

To the OP: you should apply for a new travel document of the same type as the one that you already have. There is no separate or distinctive ILR travel document.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

glas195
United Kingdom

Post by glas195 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:39 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:54 pm
glas195 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:31 am
The OP is being more precise in his terminology.

Passports are a form/subset of travel documents. All (external) passport are travel documents, but not all travel documents are passports.

Generally, passports are travel documents that are issued only to the nationals of the issuing country, though some countries (in the Baltics) issue non-citizen passports to long-term residents dating from their residence in the then-Soviet Union.

To the OP: you should apply for a new travel document of the same type as the one that you already have. There is no separate or distinctive ILR travel document.
That's why I used passport with the quotes.