ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time limits to make an ceremony appointment, and what if I did not atend one on time?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tonyflyuk
Newly Registered
China

Time limits to make an ceremony appointment, and what if I did not atend one on time?

Post by tonyflyuk » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:49 am

Dear all,

I have submitted my application for British Citizenship on Feb 2021 and just been approved last month, letter dated 31/07/2021 which was reveived 7/08/2021. However I am currently out of UK and hoping I can go back to the UK on March 2022 if possiable due to potential travel risks etc.

On the letter it states I have 60 days to book an appointment and I have asked a friend to call them and they confirmed that the latest the can book me in is 3 months time which only gives me until end of year.

What will happen if I did not book myself in ontime? Council says letter will be invalid and homeoffice has to send out a new one.

But just wanted some more info here if anyone experienced this problem before?

Thanks very much.

Tony

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Time limits to make an ceremony appointment, and what if I did not atend one on time?

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:17 am

If you don't attend your ceremony, your certificate is returned to UKVI and you would have to start and apply again from scratch.

You are only British once you attend your ceremony, not from the date if approval letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tonyflyuk
Newly Registered
China

Re: Time limits to make an ceremony appointment, and what if I did not atend one on time?

Post by tonyflyuk » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:31 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:17 am
If you don't attend your ceremony, your certificate is returned to UKVI and you would have to start and apply again from scratch.

You are only British once you attend your ceremony, not from the date if approval letter.
Thanks for your reply, is there anyway I could delay the ceremony to 6months ? As if not I will have to go back to the UK before new year which I was hoping I could spend that in my own country with all the families etc. . The flight price is also skyrockted due to travel ban restrictions thanks to Chinese Authrities otherwise I will go and back for sure.
Unbelieveble gov and policies really.