ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My HSMP complicated case got approved after all!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pencillin

My HSMP complicated case got approved after all!

Post by pencillin » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:42 pm

I'm very happy, my very complicated, genuine application got approved today as I have been told on the phone.

I have applied as an independent contractor, my application was so weak in my eyes, so many reasons for that and I'll list the major ones:

1. I was working from my country over the internet with three different U.S. companies. and I have applied based on my country of residency ofcourse which is in band C
2. I was paid through Paypal and Moneybookers by U.S. dollars,
3. I used to withdraw the money from my Paypal and Moneybookers accounts randomly in different times to my UK bank account which I have opened some years ago during a visit to the UK
4. My bank statments as such didn't reflect exact amounts at all.
5. I did not provide tax returns.

I thought for all those reasons my application will most likely be rejected, especially the tax returns bit as it's mandatory according to the guidance for independent contractors.

Moral of the story: Explain everything in a good and clear language in your cover letters.

Now I'm preparing my EC application, I have enough maintance funds but my statement is about 3 weeks old, will this be a problem?

Another question, I have already applied and paid for a full time Masters course, do you think it's ILLEGAL to do full time study on tier1 visa? Do you think I can switch to part time?

Last question, Will they give me two years or three years visa? I have contraindicating posts regarding this issue, is there any clear info about it?

Many thanks for this forum, I have learned so much about immigration here, I hope i would find a good job soon.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:37 am

Now I'm preparing my EC application, I have enough maintance funds but my statement is about 3 weeks old, will this be a problem?
Yes. When you apply from outside the UK, the most recent statement must be no more than 7 days old. Get an interim statement from your bank shortly before you apply.

pencillin

Post by pencillin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:58 am

is this mandatory in all countries? I've noticed this is the case in India, are all other countries the same?
It would be impossible to me to get such a statement in less than a week since my statments are posted to a UK address.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:38 am

I am not aware of any countries that are exempt from this rule and I see no reason why there would be any.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: My HSMP complicated case got approved after all!

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:59 pm

pencillin wrote: I have already applied and paid for a full time Masters course, do you think it's ILLEGAL to do full time study on tier1 visa?
See Benefits/Risks while studying on Tier 1 Visa
pencillin wrote:is this mandatory in all countries? I've noticed this is the case in India, are all other countries the same?
Yes and yes.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mayana

Re: My HSMP complicated case got approved after all!

Post by mayana » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:39 pm

pencillin wrote:I'm very happy, my very complicated, genuine application got approved today as I have been told on the phone.

I have applied as an independent contractor, my application was so weak in my eyes, so many reasons for that and I'll list the major ones:

1. I was working from my country over the internet with three different U.S. companies. and I have applied based on my country of residency ofcourse which is in band C
2. I was paid through Paypal and Moneybookers by U.S. dollars,
3. I used to withdraw the money from my Paypal and Moneybookers accounts randomly in different times to my UK bank account which I have opened some years ago during a visit to the UK
4. My bank statments as such didn't reflect exact amounts at all.
5. I did not provide tax returns.

I thought for all those reasons my application will most likely be rejected, especially the tax returns bit as it's mandatory according to the guidance for independent contractors.

Moral of the story: Explain everything in a good and clear language in your cover letters.

Another question, I have already applied and paid for a full time Masters course, do you think it's ILLEGAL to do full time study on tier1 visa? Do you think I can switch to part time?

Last question, Will they give me two years or three years visa? I have contraindicating posts regarding this issue, is there any clear info about it?

Many thanks for this forum, I have learned so much about immigration here, I hope i would find a good job soon.
what document did you submitted...

mayana

pencillin

Post by pencillin » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:28 am

niw2 wrote:I am not aware of any countries that are exempt from this rule and I see no reason why there would be any.
A print out of my online banking worked fine so maybe they're not very strict regarding having original statement for the last couple of weeks which makes sense

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:31 am

pencillin wrote:A print out of my online banking worked fine so maybe they're not very strict regarding having original statement for the last couple of weeks which makes sense
If you have an online account and all you did was print off a statement and submit it, without having it stamped and signed and without enclosing a letter from the bank, official policy states that your application should have been declined. So if you somehow got yours approved without submitting stamped and signed statements and a bank letter, well done, you got lucky.

tier1visa_2008
Newly Registered

docs

Post by tier1visa_2008 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:27 pm

Without original docs one can't get the EC.If you are genuine then tell us clearly which type of documents u submitted?