ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUTR3 - processing time 2021

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Samik77
Newly Registered

EUTR3 - processing time 2021

Post by Samik77 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:20 pm

Dear all,

as I found different information in the forum, I would like to open this topic to share the processing times of the Permanent Residence Card (Stamp 4 EUFAM) through the EUTR3 form. I am an EU Citizen.

I applied for my wife in June 2021 via email as her IRP is expiring in December and we sent via AnPost the original application afterwards. We have got an acknowledgment email after a couple of days. None of the requested supporting document are missing (maybe some very old utility bill) and I would like to understand:

1. Is the EU Treaty Right Division processing the IRP within 6 months as stated in their website?
2. Is that correct that the new IRP will be mailed at our home address and there is no need to go there an collect it?
3. Is that true that no stamp in the passport will be needed as they discontinued this process?

Thanks for your insights.

Harley06
San Marino

Re: EUTR3 - processing time 2021

Post by Harley06 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:38 pm

Samik77 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:20 pm
Dear all,

as I found different information in the forum, I would like to open this topic to share the processing times of the Permanent Residence Card (Stamp 4 EUFAM) through the EUTR3 form. I am an EU Citizen.

I applied for my wife in June 2021 via email as her IRP is expiring in December and we sent via AnPost the original application afterwards. We have got an acknowledgment email after a couple of days. None of the requested supporting document are missing (maybe some very old utility bill) and I would like to understand:

1. Is the EU Treaty Right Division processing the IRP within 6 months as stated in their website?
2. Is that correct that the new IRP will be mailed at our home address and there is no need to go there an collect it?
3. Is that true that no stamp in the passport will be needed as they discontinued this process?

Thanks for your insights.

Hi Samik77,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1- they say it will take about 6 months but the truth that it will take a bit longer than that. Before COVID the processing time was about 8-9 months and now it’s taking longer like 15-18 months.
2- you will receive an approval letter and you have to go to local Garda station to order a new GNIB( at least for outside of dublin, not sure the process for Dublin)
3- they discontinued the re-entry visa stamps so no need for that.

I might be wrong with some of the above points. There more signor users here they better for sure.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:43 pm

1. That is probably rarer than you getting a jackpot on EuroMillions. 12-18 months is a more realistic timeline. You can request for a temporary permission once your current permission is about to expire.
2. You renew your permission in the usual way - for Dublin residents, you just create an online renewal application; for residents outside of Dublin, you book an appointment with the local Garda station. You will likely need to do this once when you get the temporary permission, and again once you get the final approval letter.
3. Passports are no longer being stamped.

Samik77
Newly Registered

Post by Samik77 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:16 am

Dear all,

thanks for your answer, really appreciate it.

It is quite ridiculous that it takes such a long time to have the permanent residence card. I can understand if it was the first application to remain in the State but here we are talking about a different thing. A residence card after the first 5 years of legal residence.

If my wife won't get the IRP before the expiring date, she will be at risk to loose her job and we will also be stuck in Ireland without any chance to travel as airline companies will never accept an expired document.

Would you suggest to follow up with the EU Treaty Rights Division?

Thanks again!

Harley06
San Marino

Post by Harley06 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:36 am

Samik77 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:16 am
Dear all,

thanks for your answer, really appreciate it.

It is quite ridiculous that it takes such a long time to have the permanent residence card. I can understand if it was the first application to remain in the State but here we are talking about a different thing. A residence card after the first 5 years of legal residence.

If my wife won't get the IRP before the expiring date, she will be at risk to loose her job and we will also be stuck in Ireland without any chance to travel as airline companies will never accept an expired document.

Would you suggest to follow up with the EU Treaty Rights Division?

Thanks again!
You don’t have to worry about that. As you said, this is a permanent residency application. Therefore, she can request extension to her current IRP a month before it expires. She can send an email or a letter to EU Treaty. Usually extensions are 6 or 7 months.
P.S. extensions are not stamp4eufam as the decision is still processing, they will issue only stamp4. She won’t be able to travel in EU without visa if her passport requires a visa.

Samik77
Newly Registered

Post by Samik77 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:53 am

Thanks Harley06.

She holds a passport which allows her to travel to Schengen without any Visa so from this point of view we should be fine.

I still hope she'll get the permanent residency in December but if not, do we need to ask for the extension via email and the temporary card will be mailed to our home address?

Thanks again!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:15 am

No. As with what we said earlier, they give you a letter, and you need to apply for a renewal using that letter.

Harley06
San Marino

Post by Harley06 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:39 am

Samik77 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:53 am
Thanks Harley06.

She holds a passport which allows her to travel to Schengen without any Visa so from this point of view we should be fine.

I still hope she'll get the permanent residency in December but if not, do we need to ask for the extension via email and the temporary card will be mailed to our home address?

Thanks again!
Hi,

If the current permit expires around December then I strongly recommend to reach out to EU treaty for an extension around late October because they might be busy then with all Xmas period. Once you will receive a letter of extension then as @littlerr said, you need to book an appointment or doing it online to apply for a new temporary card.

Samik77
Newly Registered

Post by Samik77 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:04 pm

Hi all again and thanks for your answers.

from the INIS official website http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/ne ... istrations we can see that:

Renewals for Dublin-based Customers

If you are living in the Dublin area, submit your renewal application via the online
system https://inisonline.jahs.ie and upload all supporting documentation required.
You will need to scan and upload the page in your passport that contains your personal
details. Once your application is processed, your Irish Residence Permit (IRP) cardwill
be posted to the address you have supplied.

So, as far as I understood, 1 month prior the expiring date (not possible to do it now as the system accepts only application with 1 month until the expire) we need to register here at https://inisonline.jahs.ie/home and afterwards the new card will be posted to our home address.

Still don't know why the can issue extension cards and not permanent ones :shock:

Harley06
San Marino

Post by Harley06 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:26 pm

Samik77 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:04 pm
Hi all again and thanks for your answers.

from the INIS official website http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/ne ... istrations we can see that:

Renewals for Dublin-based Customers

If you are living in the Dublin area, submit your renewal application via the online
system https://inisonline.jahs.ie and upload all supporting documentation required.
You will need to scan and upload the page in your passport that contains your personal
details. Once your application is processed, your Irish Residence Permit (IRP) cardwill
be posted to the address you have supplied.

So, as far as I understood, 1 month prior the expiring date (not possible to do it now as the system accepts only application with 1 month until the expire) we need to register here at https://inisonline.jahs.ie/home and afterwards the new card will be posted to our home address.

Still don't know why the can issue extension cards and not permanent ones :shock:
Yes but don’t forget that you have to have a letter from EU Treaty approving that you can have an extension.

Samik77
Newly Registered

Post by Samik77 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:09 pm

Dear all,

just to give you a quick update, my wife received a letter from the EU Treaty Rights Division which says that the application is under review and:

''While your application is pending, you may obtain temporary permission to reside in the State. As you are
resident in the Dublin area, you can apply to register this temporary permission using the online
registration system at https://inisonline.jahs.ie/''

They already told me by email that my wife has permission to stay in the State until June 2022

We have the person ID and application number but when I try to fill the form in the renewal website, I see a red message saying: ''To apply for an online renewal your current IRP card must be due to expire within the next 30 days''

Does that mean that we cannot apply now but only minimum 30 days in advance?

Thanks everybody

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:15 pm

When does her current card expire?
If it expires in 2 months for example, you can either change the expiry date on the application form to be within a month, or you can just wait for another month before applying for it.

Samik77
Newly Registered

Post by Samik77 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:21 pm

it expires at the beginning of December...

Samik77
Newly Registered

Post by Samik77 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:01 pm

Hi all,

just to give an update, while we applied online to get the extension, we received another letter from EU Treaty Rights that the application for the Permanent Residence Card has been fully approved!

As the application to get the extension is still pending and we can't amend it, do we need to submit a new one to get the new IRP card? We sent an email to the ISD but so far we haven't received any answer/clarification...

Thanks!