ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship for UK born child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

glasgowedinburgh2000
India

British citizenship for UK born child

Post by glasgowedinburgh2000 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:30 pm

Hello All - Myself and wife just got our ILR approved and now applying to register our 6 year old UK born child as a British citizen. I've filled the form and have questions on the following documents:

Proof of Mothers parental responsibility for Mr X - Will birth certificate suffice?

Proof of Fathers parental responsibility for .... - Will birth certificate suffice?

A letter of consent from Mr X's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) - Is there a format?

If Mr X told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate. - I was asked to tick this box though i've declared in the form that i have settlement (ILR) and not a British passport. Shall i just not give it as will be understandable to them?

Many thanks in advance

srsw

Re: British citizenship for UK born child

Post by srsw » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:07 pm

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes, pasted below.
4. It's a "if" question, so don't worry as it's not applicable to you.

Consent letter format/sample:

Mother’s consent:

I (Full name of mother) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:
Email:

Father’s consent:

I (Full name of father) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:
Email:
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.