ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paying cash for extra services at TLS centre?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jinijol
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Paying cash for extra services at TLS centre?

Post by jinijol » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:34 pm

Hi,

It's been almost one year since my first post (see for context) and I have not found time to post any updates since then.

However in short we are now married and my wife has her biometric appointment at the TLS visa centre abroad this week.

We have opted to pay extra for one additional service and have recieved an email confirming payment for this is due on the day and as far as I'm aware I was not given an option to pay this online with the rest of the application.

Now on the TLS website for Turkey it states 'Payment: Onsite (Credit Card)' and in the booking email it adds that payment must be made in 'local currency'.

We are worried because she doesn't have a bank account and therefore no credit or debit card to pay with, only cash.

The questions are, is it a risk for her to go there on the day and try to pay cash?

Perhaps worst case scenario the documents & biometrics can still be handed over and the additional service scrapped? Or could we face putting the whole application in jeopardy if she can't pay for that one service?

Therefore would it be sensible to rebook again without the extra service or am I overthinking this?

Does anyone have any first hand experience with this or advice in general?

Thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Paying cash for extra services at TLS centre?

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:01 am

Relayed experience at another TLS location was that cash not accepted for transparency purposes. Online or card paymen allowed and receipt issued for the payment.

jinijol
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jinijol » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:30 am

Thank you very much for your reply.

I double-checked the email and it does in fact say 'Some services can be paid online and/or on site on the day of your appointment. We invite you to check our website for more information.'

After I check the TLS Turkey website, the 'Keep My Passport' option, unlike some other 'Added Value Services' which say 'Payment: Online', only states 'Payment: Onsite (Credit Card)' so therefore we suddenly have a serious issue only one day before the appointment.

So we will now have to try to find someone willing to physically lend their card to her which may or may not be possible. And I would assume debit card must be accepted at least, right?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:56 am

jinijol wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:30 am
Thank you very much for your reply.

I double-checked the email and it does in fact say 'Some services can be paid online and/or on site on the day of your appointment. We invite you to check our website for more information.'

After I check the TLS Turkey website, the 'Keep My Passport' option, unlike some other 'Added Value Services' which say 'Payment: Online', only states 'Payment: Onsite (Credit Card)' so therefore we suddenly have a serious issue only one day before the appointment.

So we will now have to try to find someone willing to physically lend their card to her which may or may not be possible. And I would assume debit card must be accepted at least, right?
While not knowing the exact of TLS Turkey, a debit card leading to successful transaction should be accepted.

jinijol
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jinijol » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:59 pm

Thank you kindly for both your replies.

jinijol
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jinijol » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:57 am

To confirm, two different debit cards were attempted and in the end it was a stranger on-site who lent a third card (possiby a credit card although this was not confirmed) that was authorised successfully.