ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 After additional docs request, how long did it take?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sillym
Newly Registered

EEA2 After additional docs request, how long did it take?

Post by sillym » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:09 pm

Hiya, we have been asked to provide a proof that my husband (EU) is exercising his treay rights. He is currently loo9king for a job (he is a doctor) in the area which we moved to because I got a good job. Before that he worked for 7 months (2 months for a call centre and then 5 months for NHS). Now he is trying to get a job in the area. We have sent them our passports, his previous payslips and his previous contract of employment, copies of his job applications, numerous emails of him applying for jobs, a proof from a recruitment agency that he is registered with them and looking for work. They did not ask me for any details of my job (contract or pay slips), neither did they ask for our bank statement. I wonder if that is sufficient proof and for those who already got their EEA2 Residence Cards, how long did it take the HO to make their decision?Thanks!

ran

Post by ran » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:58 pm

hi,

Just a quick question - when u recieved the request letter for additional documents did u recieve the letter by recorded delivery by any chance?

Regards,
Ran

sillym
Newly Registered

Post by sillym » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:52 am

ran wrote:hi,

Just a quick question - when u recieved the request letter for additional documents did u recieve the letter by recorded delivery by any chance?

Regards,
Ran
Hi, no it was a regular letter. What happenned in my case, the letter that they have sent on sep 3rd only arrived on sep 10th.

shIne
Newly Registered

Post by shIne » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:01 pm

hi
can you tell me when did you apply and when did they request you additional documents , i have applied 7 months back and so far i have not received any letter requesting additional documents , when i called HO they just asked me to wait and they didnt give me any other information. can you kindly update if you get any news from HO.
SHINE

sillym
Newly Registered

Post by sillym » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:28 am

shIne wrote:hi
can you tell me when did you apply and when did they request you additional documents , i have applied 7 months back and so far i have not received any letter requesting additional documents , when i called HO they just asked me to wait and they didnt give me any other information. can you kindly update if you get any news from HO.
SHINE
hi we have applied on feb 27th 2008. After numerous complaints by fax, phone, email, SOLVIT, contacting MEP, addityional docs were requested by the letter dated sep 3rd, we have received the letter on sep 10th. We have delivered the papers on sept 12th and on sep 18th received our passports and docs back and the residence card. once they request the additional documents from you, you will then be able to know who is your case worker and how to contact them ( it will state that info on the letter), till then I suggest to keeo calling, complaining as regularly as you brush your teeth.Have you contacted SOLVIT from your country?

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:57 pm

In all correspondence with the Home Office remind them of their own rules, especially rule 1.9 in chapter 5 of the European Casework Instructions (http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... dlaw/ecis/)
1.9 Six-month rule
Community law requires us to decide applications for a residence card within 6 months
from the date of receipt of the application. Failure to comply with this requirement could
leave the Home Office open to a claim for damages.
from their own information on http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/euciti ... ropeanlaw/ it seems they break this rule on every single occasion!

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:27 am

i applied on 18th february.
they asked for additional documents on the 5th septembre. i received a letter on the 26th september that it has been decided. called the homeoffice on 16th october they said its under consideration. when i came home it was delivered on the 16th ocotber.

dont know whats wrong with these people. good luck everyone i am travelling for the next two months now...