ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (LR) questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zy88
Newly Registered
China

ILR (LR) questions

Post by zy88 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:43 pm

Hi moderator and experienced members,

I have submitted my ILR (LR) on UKVI and booked a BRP appointment. I have a few questions if anyone could help:

1. Do I have to submit documents I uploaded before attending the BRP appointment, or is it better to submit them on the appointment?

2. Do I have to write a cover letter to explain my uploaded documents and my application?

3. I uploaded my passports, BRP (current and previous), life in UK test, University qualifications, police registration, consent form, and absence list. Will that be enough? I want to ask to be sure I don't need proof of residence and finance?

I really appreciate any help can provide.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR (LR) questions

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:04 pm

1. What do you mean by submitting ?? You simply upload everything before attending your appointment
2. No
3. Proof of residence and finance is not needed
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zy88
Newly Registered
China

Post by zy88 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:27 pm

Thank you for your response Zimba.

I uploaded my documents on Ukvas, but I am not sure if I should press the 'submit document' button (written: 'submit uploaded documents to UKVI, you now have the option to submit your uploaded documents before your appointment takes place. this action can only be performed once.')

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:33 pm

I suggest to leave this for your appointment
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zy88
Newly Registered
China

Post by zy88 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:30 pm

Ok. Thank you for your help!

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:47 am

You may choose to submit them now. This might help UKVI to start looking at your case earlier.

For my two previous applications, I submitted documents immediately after booking the appointments and got my decisions a few days after biometrics.

zy88
Newly Registered
China

Post by zy88 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:14 pm

Thank you for your suggestions!