ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to correct an answer in ILR application after submitting the form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dineshsethiya
Mood:
United Kingdom

Sponsor's employment letter and absebce letter for ILR

Post by dineshsethiya » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:53 pm

Dear Moderator/Friends,

We are going to apply for ILR via Tier-2 General route ( 5 yrs ) and as hence please could you help me in the following queries:

(1) Sample format of the letter which I need to take from my employer that for foreseeable future my job is secure
(2) We were never out of UK for more then 180 in any continuous 12 months but How do we prove this?? Do I just prepare a table and take the in/out entries from the passport? In last 5 years we went out of UK almost every year and most of the time we took office holidays but then once we did not took any off because that was very short trip and came back in few days.
(3) Me and my spouse are togher since last 6 yrs since the time we came to UK but what proof we can submit for the same? I have tenancy agreement for last 4 yrs but before that it was the company accomodation, so we do not have any tenancy agreement for the same.

Kindly advise on the above.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dinesh

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Sponsor's employment letter and absebce letter for ILR

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:47 am

First of all Tier 2 route does not exist anymore so you will be applying for ILR under Skilled Worker rules for ILR.

1. There is no specific format. This is what your employer must provide: indefinite-leave-to-remain/indefinite-l ... l#p2019979

2. The application form that asks you for all periods of absence. You also should submit passport stamps in the last 5 years. Also, note that PBS dependants whose visa was issued before 11 Jan 2018 do NOT have absence limits.

3. There is no specific requirement for this under the rules but as a general rule, ANY evidence from ANY source can be used for cohabitation. Covering the last two years from at least 3 different sources. Use bills, agreements, council tax, letters, etc
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dineshsethiya
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR SET(O) Application - Evidence of immigration status in the UK

Post by dineshsethiya » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:36 pm

Hello team,

I am applying for ILR under Tier-2 General Visa category udner 5 yrs route. While filling the application form I came across this question under documents:

Evidence of immigration status in the UK?

Please could you help me as to what we document we need to submit for this since we are already submitting BRP card. Do I need to take any report from gov.uk etc?

Kindly advise.

Many thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET(O) Application - Evidence of immigration status in the UK

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:43 pm

It's your BRP
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dineshsethiya
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dineshsethiya » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:56 pm

Thank you so much for the swift reply. So I am assuming I don't need to tick the checkbox against this particular document as I have already selected to submit the BRP checkbox.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:52 pm

No

dineshsethiya
Mood:
United Kingdom

How to correct an answer in ILR application after submitting the form

Post by dineshsethiya » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:58 pm

Dear Moderator/Friends,

I need an advise. Unfortunately I entered the wrong answer for the following question in the ILR application and I have submitted the form:

"Have you previously lived in a country outside the No
UK including your country of birth?"

I should have said Yes to above quesiton but I entered No. I realized this mistake after submitting the application form.

Please could you suggest me as to how to correct it now. Should I manually modify it in the form and then scan the form and upload it alongwith a letter for the same? Or should I ask the person at the center to correct it while I go for the biomatrics? Someone said that I should try to fill a dummy form but then on very first page I saw the folllwing note:

" If you have submitted any other applications to the Home Office which have not yet been decided then submitting this application varies those previous applications. This means that only this application, which you are now completing, will now be considered."

I am not sure if I feel the dummy form again and try to take the print out then will it make my ILR fee null and void because I have already paid the fee as well and in next few days I have my appointment?
Kindly advise.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dinesh

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: How to correct an answer in ILR application after submitting the form

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:05 am

You do not need to do anything. This is paranoid. That question and its answer has no influence over your application