ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we Travel Abroad while waiting for BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SC7423
Newly Registered
India

Can we Travel Abroad while waiting for BRP

Post by SC7423 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:43 pm

Hi All,

We recently applied for my Spouse ILR and the decision email was received 2 days ago and currently awaiting for the BRP delivery.

Looking at others' posts on BRP delivery delays we are worried about when we would receive the BRP.

My spouse expected to attend a Ritual ceremony due to the bereavement of a family member and need to travel asap.

Currently holding an FLR(M) BRP card in hand, so is it possible to travel out and if the BRP is delivered then the same could be couriered or sent with someone travelling?

Someone suggested this, so not sure if this is an acceptable approach or not.

Thanks

SC7423
Newly Registered
India

Re: Can we Travel Abroad while waiting for BRP

Post by SC7423 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:22 pm

Team, Could you please answer this.

quoala
Mood:
England

Post by quoala » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:28 pm

From the approval email that you received must've mentioned:
Do not book travel until you receive your BRP. Doing so may mean that you fail to receive your BRP and that puts you at risk of being unable to prove that you have leave to remain in the UK, and of being refused re-entry into the UK.

SC7423
Newly Registered
India

Post by SC7423 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:20 pm

Thanks for the reply.

These exact lines were not mentioned in any of the communication received for ILR approval.

Tried calling that helpline number and was in a queue for hours but of no use, and no other way to contact UKVI to know the correct approach in these family emergency scenarios.

Any suggestion on how to get the UKVI guidance on this will be very helpful, please help.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:43 pm

If the ILR is granted then there are no restrictions on travel. Old BRP is now invalid for entry. You may need to post the BRP to your spouse when it arrives
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice